Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been researching the GTO ever since it was arrounced. I have been considering purchasing one since mid 2003.

In all the reviews I have read, the reviewers laud the performance and build quality of the Goat but crap on its styling. It's been this way since the beginning.

Well, I finally purchased my Goat about 2 weeks ago and I have to say: I think they need glasses. Every time I pass this shiny beauty on my garage, I comment aloud "What a damn good looking car". And, the more I look at it, the better I think it looks.

It has CLEAN and SEXY lines. Period. I don't care for the gaudy clad-on styling of oother gaudy cars like the Grand Am. I also think the Chrysler 300 (supposedly a good looking car) looks like ass. It looks like something out of a 1930's themed movie with cheesy production design

I have always likened car styling to women (sorry to sound sexist). The styling of a 300 (for example) is a stripper - covered with makeup and plastic breasts. The GTO styling is like a natural beauty. Nothing gaudy or obvious, but GORGEOUS none the less.

I doubt this will ever be a common opinion of the Goat. But, I don't care. I think the car is gorgeous. I also think it gets better looking evey time I see it.

/rant

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
SJAndrew said:
I have been researching the GTO ever since it was arrounced. I have been considering purchasing one since mid 2003.

In all the reviews I have read, the reviewers laud the performance and build quality of the Goat but crap on its styling. It's been this way since the beginning.

Well, I finally purchased my Goat about 2 weeks ago and I have to say: I think they need glasses. Every time I pass this shiny beauty on my garage, I comment aloud "What a damn good looking car". And, the more I look at it, the better I think it looks.

It has CLEAN and SEXY lines. Period. I don't care for the gaudy clad-on styling of oother gaudy cars like the Grand Am. I also think the Chrysler 300 (supposedly a good looking car) looks like ass. It looks like something out of a 1930's themed movie with cheesy production design

I have always likened car styling to women (sorry to sound sexist). The styling of a 300 (for example) is a stripper - covered with makeup and plastic breasts. The GTO styling is like a natural beauty. Nothing gaudy or obvious, but GORGEOUS none the less.

I doubt this will ever be a common opinion of the Goat. But, I don't care. I think the car is gorgeous. I also think it gets better looking evey time I see it.

/rant
:agree
Dec 03' My wife and I went shopping for a new set of wheels. I really liked the Grand-prix. On the 04' models they changed the style. They made it look like "your dad's Oldsmobile." Personally I liked the style of them up to 03' model. I thought well I love GTO's but haven't seen one in person. My local dealer got one in and had an open house to show case it. At first meeting, I wasn't taken with the looks. I paid more attention to the 69' judge they had on display. The following week we went in browsing again. In the showroom sat a red Grand-Am GT with the sport appearance package. WOW we'll take it. I said to the salesman why isn't this hood offered on the GTO for 04'. I was told they thought the same thing, but there is talk of it for 05'. I said to him I will be back after I research more about it. Well I got my wife the Grand-Am GT for Xmas 04'. I waited to see what the 05' GTO would bring. The more I looked at the car, and read about it, the more I knew I wanted one. To me, a Grand-Am is a woman's car. 9 out of 10 I see on the road a woman is driving it. When I saw pics of the 05', that's all it took. Especially when I seen the pics of the SAP. After what seemed like an eternity I finally got it. No looking back........I see the Chrysler 300's. They resemble the gangster cars of the 30's... kinda. It's a freakin tank. Hard lines and chiseled...... Pontiac brought back the new age of muscle car with it's legend. Now, the other's are bringing back their's.....It's like the more ya look at it, the more bad ass it looks. Oh yea, and it doesn't run too awful bad either.....

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.