Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, here are the pics of my new (used) GTO. It is not flawless like I like my cars (has a bunch of road chips on the front), but the price was certainly right and it is very clean and straight otherwise. I may swap the 18's from my wrecked one on here if I can get them to clean up, we'll see.
Joe

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was actually pretty easy apparently. Hit the embankment sideways at about 45 or so and that'll do the job :).
Joe

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
One of the vehicles with the highest percentage of rollovers per 1000 units on the road is the Chevrolet Corvette. People drive them hard and accidents happen. When you get off the road into the soft stuff it is a matter of physics, you are going to roll. SUV's are suprisingly low on the rollover per 1000. Most people don't push them too hard so they tend to stay on the road.

Joe,
Hoping you didn't get hurt. The new GTO looks great.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks bud, I am fine- not even a scratch. Just a couple minor surface "nicks" on my right arm from the flying glass. I am very lucky!
Joe

·
Registered
38 Posts
WEll thank goodness your ok. Its great to see you liked the car so much u went out and bought another one. Some people refuse to be the same car after they've been in a wreck in it. As if the cars are cursed.......lol......Glad to see your ok and like the new one :)

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Joe,
Congrats on the new addition. I knew you would stay
faithful! I'm happy for you.:party:
Yeah, I liked the car too much. I was torn because I wasn't sure if I should get a Vette or GTO last time around and now I had the chance to get a Vette again, but I think the GTO has the best bang for the buck I could find- especially for $20k for an 05. Also started thinking what could have happened if I wrecked a Vette instead of the GTO and the fact that this car held up so well was reason enough for me to feel confident in buying another one! I kicked around other cars also- 99-01 911 was my favorite, but not the most practical, test drove a new Stang also. I like the looks, the car had "ok" power, but I know what they are capable of, so stock performance wasn't an issue for me. The thing that doomed the Stang for me though was the door panels- couldn't get any cheaper looking and the fact that a stripper 07 GT was $26-$27k- not bad, but I know Fords resale and it just wasn't worth it compared to this car. Next year, it would be a one out of one billion mustang that is worth $14k. Screw that :).
Joe

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can't that stuff on the red one buff out? :)
I joked about that a few times already. Funny though, I am such a fanatic with keeping my cars flawless, that I catch myself doing a double take like "what the hell is that, oh nevermind" when I see one of the scratches while walking through the garage hahah.
Joe

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I'm going to be looking for a GTO around late February to late March. Not to replace the C6, but just to have a nice 4 seat car in the fleet. I've toy'd with the idea of a Monte or Impala SS, but I really want rwd and since the truck and C6 are automatics, I really need a stick. I don't want to spend over 30. I prefer new, but if there is a good deal on a used one like you got, I'm going to jump on it. I'm hoping there are still some new ones left on the lot. I really can't think of a car that can match the value and fun of the GTO in that price range.

Like you I have thought about the Stang, but it really isn't a 4 seater and I couldn't live with the interior. I'm a V8 guy so a used BMW 3 or Merc C wouldn't cut it. The only other car that is in the ball park is the Dodge Magnum. I'm thinking I could get rid of the truck, so it's got another advantage there, but again it's auto only. If I can't find a 6M GTO I'm really going to have a tough time with the vehicle choice.

·
Registered
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm going to be looking for a GTO around late February to late March. Not to replace the C6, but just to have a nice 4 seat car in the fleet. I've toy'd with the idea of a Monte or Impala SS, but I really want rwd and since the truck and C6 are automatics, I really need a stick. I don't want to spend over 30. I prefer new, but if there is a good deal on a used one like you got, I'm going to jump on it. I'm hoping there are still some new ones left on the lot. I really can't think of a car that can match the value and fun of the GTO in that price range.

Like you I have thought about the Stang, but it really isn't a 4 seater and I couldn't live with the interior. I'm a V8 guy so a used BMW 3 or Merc C wouldn't cut it. The only other car that is in the ball park is the Dodge Magnum. I'm thinking I could get rid of the truck, so it's got another advantage there, but again it's auto only. If I can't find a 6M GTO I'm really going to have a tough time with the vehicle choice.
Hmm, I know you are not looking right now, and it is 20+ hours away, but a buddy is a manager at a local Pontiac dealer and he just took in an 05 M6 silver/red GTO that he said he could do $21,500 for me. He got it in the same day I got the new car, so it was too late for me, but I told him I'd spread the word.

I agree- I knocked the GTO as not being that fast at first, but the more I compare it to other cars out there- I really do think it is the best bang for the buck out of any of them- especially if you look towards used ones.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts