Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those who may have missed the race on SPEED this afternoon, a GTO took 5th in the SCCA World Challenge GT race. The race was a very wild affair with the pole sitting Caddy of Max Pappis getting taken out by Tommy Archer's Viper. Congrats to the GTO team for a solid finish against some very tough competition. :cheers

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry I missed it. I've got my dvr set for thursday at 8:00pm Eastern for the debut Grand Am Race on Speed. No.64 TRG GTO-R will be racing....The Mustangs days are numbered! :cheers

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes It was a good time I was at the track all weekend......very HOT I might add............ it was great to see both cars on the track and competing. Stu ran a good race and like above finished 5th, It was like coming in first I heard someone say and we'll take it!!!!!!!!! Jim also did a great job, after a disapointing race in the touring class when his BMW loss the fuel pump. Jim got a handle on the #7 GTO and ran a pretty good race. I spoke to Jim and Stu after the race. Jim was happy to finish the race and get some time in the new car.......

Again it was a great weekend of racing........ MAX almost got Robin at the finish line!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Goatacular said:
Sorry I missed it. I've got my dvr set for thursday at 8:00pm Eastern for the debut Grand Am Race on Speed. No.64 TRG GTO-R will be racing....The Mustangs days are numbered! :cheers

There was I think 3 mustangs in this weeks race......only 1 finish and I think they were 26th....... the Mustangs in this series havent shown any kind of reliablity or speed. The GTO-R that is racing was build by Pratt Miller out of Wixom , Mi that same company they built the CTS-V race cars for the World challenge.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wikid,
Thanks for the recap. It was an enjoyable race to watch. I was dissappointed that Archer took out the top 2 qualifiers in the first corner, but the race turned out to be pretty exciting despite that. Was a good race to the finish line for the Caddy and GT3. :cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts