Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an e-mail from a friend back East who saw two 2005 Pontiac GTO State Police cars in full livery (decals, lights, etc.). Unfortunately, no pics. The source definitely knows cars -- so this isn't bogus info. Bottom line? If you like your maple syrup fresh, be careful this fall.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Wow, a GTO cop car. Amazing. Well, we know one thing for sure: If a GTO-driving officer had to make an arrest, he'd be forever trying to get the perp into the backseat!

·
Registered
92 Posts
http://members.cox.net/sam_in_va/cop_car_pics.htm

Police Chief Lynn Frith, of Boones Mill, Virginia, has a great job. He spends his day cruising around in a 2004 Pontiac GTO. Sometimes, when a car speeds through his quaint little roadside town, he gets to chase them down using the GTO’s 350 horsepower and 365 lb-ft of torque.

·
Registered
41 Posts
RookWV said:

well i know mr frith. i seen him the other day he has some black wheels on it. i dont know if he had the stock wheel powder coated or not. but he works a little town call boones mill which is about 15-20 min from me. i drive thru there a lot. but dont see him running rador that much. but dont come thru there speeding...he will get ya....

·
Registered
565 Posts
ftlfirefighter said:
what, a cop cant shift?? what's with the slush box?
They're police officers, if they're having to chase someone I think they would rather not have to concentrate on manually shifting gears :willy:

That and don't you know how bad rush hour traffic gets in Vermont? It's freakin crazy!

·
Registered
565 Posts
Groucho said:
What hand is he gonna hold the doughnut in?

Duh.
The cops down here are very different... they prefer Subway sandwiches.

If there is one good piece of evidence I can give my life, it's to never rob a Subway from lunch to dinner...

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
JMVorbeck said:
Cant you put the 05 axles in there?
Yep, but I've got 2 sets of BMR axles in stock and they are "reasonably" priced @ 479.00ea., considering GM's list on the 05 axles are 803.92 ea.!!!!!!!! :cheers

·
Registered
364 Posts
GTODEALER said:
Yep, but I've got 2 sets of BMR axles in stock and they are "reasonably" priced @ 479.00ea., considering GM's list on the 05 axles are 803.92 ea.!!!!!!!! :cheers
wouldn't the replacement be covered under warrentee?

And I think if you put up a stink and GM knows that the axles fail so they upgraded them you should be able to get the upgraded axle.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
mumrah said:
wouldn't the replacement be covered under warrentee?

And I think if you put up a stink and GM knows that the axles fail so they upgraded them you should be able to get the upgraded axle.
You would think that...... however, when you have a heavily modded car and drag radials...... they tend to frown (I'm lucky to get the axle I got...), plus I work here so it's hard to hide the fact I'm an avid drag racer and I don't drive my car like a Bonneville....... :cheers

·
Registered
565 Posts
GTODEALER said:
You would think that...... however, when you have a heavily modded car and drag radials...... they tend to frown (I'm lucky to get the axle I got...), plus I work here so it's hard to hide the fact I'm an avid drag racer and I don't drive my car like a Bonneville....... :cheers
My fiance drives an 03 Bonneville

You'd be suprised what you could do with one ;)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts