Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a real race by any means, just something that had me laughing out loud on the way to work today. I was stopped at a large intersection where 2 six lane roads meet. 100' at least from my stop line to the other directions stop line. A GT500 pulls up to the opposing light and we stare at each other. No other cars around, my windows down and I hear him rev it so I give him a wave. Light turns green he launches a fraction sooner than me. Luckily my stickies were nice and warm and I get a perfect launch, we pass mid intersection and he is maybe half a car "ahead" with both of us grinning wide and brite. He crosses the crosswalk on 'my' side and I'm almost exactly one car from 'his' sides crosswalk. We both let up and I see him wave in my mirrors. Damn those things are quick! I'm just glad we were going different directions because it would have gotten ugly quick lol.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would say it would be a toss up, he left 2/10ths faster than me and got across the 100' of intersection 1 car sooner which was about 2/10ths of a second. What I need to do is have Stalwart run me with his GT500KR and find out if I can hang. Do the KR models have the same tires as the regular GT500?

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I would say it would be a toss up, he left 2/10ths faster than me and got across the 100' of intersection 1 car sooner which was about 2/10ths of a second. What I need to do is have Stalwart run me with his GT500KR and find out if I can hang. Do the KR models have the same tires as the regular GT500?

"The Shelby GT500KR will ride on all-new Goodyear tires, which make their North American debut exclusively on this new Mustang. The Supercar F1 tire, made of a new performance compound, resulted from a special collaboration between SVT and Goodyear."

There ya go.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Damn, so they got sticky tires too. Guess I'll have to spray some spray wax onto his tires before we run, then film it. :)

J/K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts