Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 138 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hypothetically: If Chevrolet came out with a 2008 Camaro, would you trade in the GTO for a new 'maro?

I'm from a GM family (Chevrolet at heart) and still miss my '94 Camaro (get over it....i know). Anyway, if the new 'maro has an M6 and an LS2 or LS7 count me in. Needless to say I absolutely LOVE my goat, but I'd jumpship for the Camaro.

G

·
I dunno, most of what I have read say the name "camaro" is as dead as can be. And chances are, the next gen of motors will probably be a LS3 making 450hp and an LS8 for the Corvette SS making 550 or so.

but hey, thats just MY thoughts.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I dunno know about the camaro, but the 06' Challenger pic I saw on this board has me thinking. I tought the Challenger was not due out til 09', but if the pic I saw is being offered for 06' I am gonna give it a look, and a test.
I think its hot looking.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
GTO judge said:
I dunno know about the camaro, but the 06' Challenger pic I saw on this board has me thinking. I tought the Challenger was not due out til 09', but if the pic I saw is being offered for 06' I am gonna give it a look, and a test.
I think its hot looking.

That was the concept still. Just a working version. They said it should be available in 08 or 09.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Man, I miss my Camaro. The first new car I bought after College was a 95 Camaro. If Chevy builds it again, I'll have one. Unless it is hideous looking, modeled after the Aztek, which is not likely. 400 HP, 3200lbs, T-Tops, 6-speed, SS, and I'm there. :party:

G

·
I have had 3 camaro's in my days and from the drive I took in the GTO, there is NO comparison. The GTO is bigger inside, handles better, has more power, independent rear, able to handle power better, doesnt flex like a wet noodle, and most importantly, has an engine placed into an engine bay that is a LOT easier to work on!

Those that had camaro's, firebird's, trans am's, etc. know what a PITA #8 plug was.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
dealernut said:
That was the concept still. Just a working version. They said it should be available in 08 or 09.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok...... By then they may end up doing to the Challenger what they did to the Charger :rolleyes: .... Time will tell.....

My Pontiac dealer said to me again Pontiac is working on a Possible Judge package..... I am patiently waiting. Has anyone else heard this?

1 - 20 of 138 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.