Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
Gotta love it but it is a shocker. I though a ferrari would be able to generate some serious pull at a higher rev.

A great Kill for the GTO

·
Registered
227 Posts
He clearly did notice the gto. You can see them line up and then as soon as the car clears out the ferrari's way they nail it.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
He clearly did notice the gto. You can see them line up and then as soon as the car clears out the ferrari's way they nail it.
im noy sure about that one. the ferrari was just toying before his exit.:willy:

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
The video was pretty bad but I think that was a 599. If so, it weighs almost exactly the same as a GTO and has 212 more horsepower and 48 ft lbs greater torque. That's equals about a 33% power to weight advantage with greater torque. Unless the Ferrari driver was smuggling lead bullion he should have left the GTO in the dust. Simple physics. He wasn't trying!

Unless of course the GTO was not stock. But, you'd need forced induction to get near those numbers.

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
I gave it a second look. After the Ferrari pulls away and the gto steps on it,

it then appears that there was a Crown Vic in the Ferrari's lane as the GTO closed the gap. Once the Crown vic or Grand Marq pulled to the right the Ferrari gave a quick push and would have taken the gto if he wanted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I love my goat...feel like it's a beast...but that Ferrari was just havin a little fun...like he wanted to flex a little but not race...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I think it is a F430...about a $200K car...490hp, 343tq...weighing 3200-3350lbs...Goat 400hp/400tq weighing 3700lbs...closer than I thought, but if the Ferrari was racing and had that jump...the GTO isn't catchin him...unless he's got some strong mods

·
Registered
730 Posts
Unless of course the GTO was not stock. But, you'd need forced induction to get near those numbers.
HPE megadeath cam should put one within playing range with just a small shot 75-125 of the funny stuff.

silver gto seemed modded though, left the other one behind or that was some poor drivering in the videoing gto

·
Registered
289 Posts
That wasn't a Ferrari 430 or a 599. It a 360 Modena Challenge Stradale. They have a 3.6 NA V8 making 425hp and 275tq and weigh right at 3,000lbs. Good for high 11's-low 12's in the 1/4, and a crazy-ass topend. The GTO was an 04 w/ intake and cutouts it said. So, moral of the story- Had they really been racing, the Ferrari wouldv'e ass-raped the Goat....

Cool vid, though....

·
Registered
944 Posts
Had they really been racing, the Ferrari wouldv'e ass-raped the Goat....
Bingo, this is the kind of crap they'd post on a Honda forum. Come on, how many times has the guy in the Civic next to you probably thought you were racing and you're just looking over admiring the MPG he must get? Same crap here.

If the guy noticed the GTO at all, he was probably thinking - I need to get one of those Grand Ams for a beater LOL.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Bingo, this is the kind of crap they'd post on a Honda forum. Come on, how many times has the guy in the Civic next to you probably thought you were racing and you're just looking over admiring the MPG he must get? Same crap here.

If the guy noticed the GTO at all, he was probably thinking - I need to get one of those Grand Ams for a beater LOL.
i faced the same thing when i got a carrera S driver to toy with me while i was in the 92. although he didn't whip up on me he did out manuever and slightly out edged me in the go...i think i would have held on well driving the goat though against him.

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I just thought it was funny. That's why I posted it. That ferrari would have raped the Goat with a splintered baseball bat if it wanted to.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts