Check this race out i found on youtube... I liked it

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well, he does have 4 more cylinders...

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I saw this on ls1gto.com. The first pass by the lambo was a drive by and obviously he couldn't catch up but the second pass was head to head the entire way. The lambo guy says "could of had you!" Funny coming from a guy driving a 70,000 dollar more car ;) lmao

The GTO from what I understand is cammed with a few more bolt ons.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That looked like the Gallardo that I pulled by a bus length with my blown GTO....
How much power are you making now? I've forgotten. Those LP570s are another animal altogether.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
my belt was slipping at 4psi making 480rwhp with a conservative/richer tune.

I still need to re-dyno now that I'm at 8.5psi.

We met when I was making 5.5 psi (520rwhp and 489rwtq with a more agressive and leaner tune)

I'm tied up with the NSX right now.

Just did a dyno making 400rwhp~ and 280rwtq~ about around 10.5psi

Apparently my NSX and other NSX's loose power with x-pipes and y-pipes and we are trying to figure the exhaust dynamics out.

Other NSX running parallel exhaust pipes are making another 25rwhp with similiar mods, A/F ratios and fuel by the same tuner.

I guess X pipes work better on V-8 engines.

Next project is a S-10 Xtreme with the Wynjammer blower. Goal is at least 300rwhp.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did anyone notice the child's voice coming from the back seat at 0:31?
I think I did hear a "uhh". Maybe it was a EVP from Mexico or something.:rolleyes: Its bad enough to street race but definately not with a kid in the car.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Did anyone notice the child's voice coming from the back seat at 0:31?
Good lord, I just noticed that.

That and the guy was racing looking over at the other car at speeds.

I use peripheral vision or even better...... the Force.

·
Registered
22 Posts
haha you guys are funny... definitely no one else in the car... Thats my car/video btw so I should know. As far as looking at the other car while racing isn't too big of a deal to me I do it all the time to shoot a smile as I am pulling.

·
Registered
22 Posts
dude you say that but I have woken up TWICE with some chick staring at me no less than 3 inches from my face before... I screamed like a bitch. I could feel it breathing on me before I opened my eyes. as soon as I jump up outta bed it's gone... no lie. I am convinced my house is haunted. I think the noise came from outside of the car though, it had to... you can hear the lambo driver clear as day over the cars and we(at least I was) off the gas and coasting through most of the u turn.

I did catch up with the Lambo again and this time he wouldn't race me or get anywhere near me. :) I asked if he'd prefer to race my slow C5... that would have been a much better beat down.

Thinking of pullin the motor out of the goat amd wondered what crank you run? your sig says forged curious what direction you went.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Thats a little too much for me!!! hahaha I would have definitely moved a long time ago if that happen! Maybe thats the girls voice you can hear in the video. That's the woman staring at you while you sleep ;) lmfao!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
.....Thinking of pullin the motor out of the goat amd wondered what crank you run? your sig says forged curious what direction you went.
http://www.gtoforum.com/f37/somethings-wrong-my-ls2-23923/index10.html

I was going to elaborate in the sig what exactly was forged, but apparently I had a character limit so I just placed "forged engine" to keep it simple.

The crank is the only major part of the internals that is stock.

I left it stock since my tuner shop, my buddies that build LSx for FD RX7s, etc. all have the same story that the factory crank can handle 1000HP~, a much larger HP goal that I have for the GTO (since other things will start to break like drivetrain).

I replaced the factory connecting rods with forged H-beams and factory pistons (which is what failed on me) with forged 2618 alloy instead of the more brittle 4032 forged alloy.

Other stuff were forged ferrera valves and springs, ARP 2000 bolts, etc.

I only replaced the connecting rods since I focked up on ordering the wrong pistons and it made more economic sense to mate the pistons to the correct aftermarket connecting rods.

Otherwise the factory connecting rods (based on those LSx aforementioned experts and reviewing online resources) seemed to be suffice for just about anything under 800HP to the crank, provided that the bolts were upgraded to ARP2000, and other hardware.

The factory con rods are forged sintered from the factory, not cast, so they are pretty strong already.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts