Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was driving home from the movies with my wife the other night and a orange Gto (not sure which ls1 or ls2??? it had hood scoops and dual exhaust so probably a ls2???) came up on my left side, we paced at about 35 he gave me the thumbs up so i did in return. i threw him a rev and he returned the favor he honked twice and the third we were off, I pulled half a car right off hit 3rd pulled a little more then had to shut down because of traffic, it was a nice little run through 85 or so. He turned off after the next light so i didnt get to talk to him or tell him nice pull but still fun!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
Ya got 2 posts and one of them is a GTO kill story on a GTO forum?????????? If I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to stir the pot.
Come on man. Let's give the guy a break. Honestly, at one point you had only 2 posts and you drive a SRT-4 but you've turned out to be a great member. Get my point? :D If he does stir the pot like others have we'll do whatever is necessary when the time comes.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I was driving home from the movies with my wife the other night and a orange Gto (not sure which ls1 or ls2??? it had hood scoops and dual exhaust so probably a ls2???) came up on my left side, we paced at about 35 he gave me the thumbs up so i did in return. i threw him a rev and he returned the favor he honked twice and the third we were off, I pulled half a car right off hit 3rd pulled a little more then had to shut down because of traffic, it was a nice little run through 85 or so. He turned off after the next light so i didnt get to talk to him or tell him nice pull but still fun!!!
What mods do you have?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Yes, what mods?

How is that speed (35mph) for the 6m and the A4 LS2? Can you hold a gear in the A4?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I live in Douglas, Wyoming and i was in Casper, Wy when that gto and i were playing. My mods are o/r x pipe, magnaflow exhaust, sss mufflers k & n cai, sniper tuned, Fiore quad and adjuster. fidanza 2.1 clutch and aluminum fly wheel. Iv only had two runs down the track with her first one was 14.4 at 104 with a horrible 60 ft 2.45 (density altitude of 7300) and second run i blew second gear out of my tranny :( next year hope fully though now i have my new tranny in.

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys,
im new here. i dont feel like it tho cause ive been lurking around lol anyways i was just curios as tohow much hp a mach 1 has? i found some rating for the 4.6 at 305 hp... how can that beat a gto at 400hp?
i understand gtos are fat lol but come on almost a 100hp diffrence? prolly a terd load more torque to?
anyways im not trying to bash anyone meybe the ratings i found were for a diffrent mosel er somthing im not into fords realy im all about camaros and f bodies and now i realy want a gto lol but yeah just curious.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
actully machs dyno stock at like 275-285 hp at the rear wheels which after a 15-18% powertrian loss its actully around 320 or so hp at the crank. from what ive seen gm is right on the money with 400 hp at the crank on a gto??? there is also a 400 pound weight diff its alot closer than you would think. ls2 goats have the edge but it can go either way.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Wait a minute? An LS2 goat losing to a late model Mach 1? What did the mach have, a blower or just bolt ons? Cause stock for stock I would think the GTO would hand the stang it's ass. 400hp vs 305 (benefit of the doubt). I've seen Mach's listed as 260hp as well. I mean come on now that's not even a fib, that's a flat out lie saying you beat him LOL! If your modded I take back my laughing tho, cause that's a whole other ball game.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
my mods are listed above on a earlier post and i assure you it happened my wife as a witness it happened and ive seen other gtos lose to other mustangs as well.

·
Registered
282 Posts
my mods are listed above on a earlier post and i assure you it happened my wife as a witness it happened and ive seen other gtos lose to other mustangs as well.
I just looked thru all 9 of your posts and didn't see any mods listed. But keeping this thread on track, a LS2 GTO will not lose to any Mustang short of a 03-04 Cobra or a GT500 stock Vs. stock with equal drivers.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
I live in Douglas, Wyoming and i was in Casper, Wy when that gto and i were playing. My mods are o/r x pipe, magnaflow exhaust, sss mufflers k & n cai, sniper tuned, Fiore quad and adjuster. fidanza 2.1 clutch and aluminum fly wheel. Iv only had two runs down the track with her first one was 14.4 at 104 with a horrible 60 ft 2.45 (density altitude of 7300) and second run i blew second gear out of my tranny :( next year hope fully though now i have my new tranny in.
^^^^ Here you go!

I just looked thru all 9 of your posts and didn't see any mods listed. But keeping this thread on track, a LS2 GTO will not lose to any Mustang short of a 03-04 Cobra or a GT500 stock Vs. stock with equal drivers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
ok yea well u guys dindnt race to very high speeds so j guess it could work.i think i read you went to 85? you would get to more than that in a1/4 mile prollly up to 100 er so so he would have had you but, i do believe you. im not calling out anyone:) nice runs and nice mustang

1 - 20 of 46 Posts