Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
haha ok well im sure you guys will just make fun of me for this but i figured id share. driving home the gf tonight and a young guy in a miata pulls up at the light and just asks me to run. at first im like umm are you serious buddy? hes liek yeah im s/c i think i can beat you well needless to say worst race ive ever had and i wasnt near his car long enough to know if it really was s/c i felt very bad for him

·
Registered
730 Posts
at first im like umm are you serious buddy? ... i felt very bad for him
careful with miatas, ask dusty about them. i think he had one hand him a big L nearly a year ago. maybe it was another member but i thought it was him. miata packing a 5.0...2100 lbs with 400 rhwp is greater than you think! fun kill though i like those :)

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
careful with miatas, ask dusty about them. i think he had one hand him a big L nearly a year ago. maybe it was another member but i thought it was him. miata packing a 5.0...2100 lbs with 400 rhwp is greater than you think! fun kill though i like those :)
No doubt!

·
Registered
242 Posts
I've never sat in a Miata. Can a 6'4" guy fit in one with the top up??? I've always admired the Miata for its bang for the buck handling.

On an S2000 I'm looking straight at the roll bar at the top of the windshield.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I've never sat in a Miata. Can a 6'4" guy fit in one with the top up??? I've always admired the Miata for its bang for the buck handling.

On an S2000 I'm looking straight at the roll bar at the top of the windshield.
I don't know about a Miata....but you can fit in a GXP Solstice, it has a bigger bang for buck handling than a Miata (bias as my wife owns one & has out driven Miatas, Boxster, & others)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
Koman is right. It was me that got beat by a Miata with a turbo on it the size of a suitcase. It wasn't even close. I'll pulled up along side him on the interstate running around 70ish. He knew I wanted to run and I let him take off just a millisecond before I did. He pulled away so fast I didn't know what hit me. He may have had nitrous but I doubt it. He even had a modified rear bumper to fit the giant ass pipe he had running from underneath the engine to the huge exhaust tip in the rear. I could see the whole pipe from the engine bay to the bumper, was damn near the diameter of a coffee can.

He slowed up and let me pull up beside him to give him a much deserved smile and thumbs up. It was a younger kid, probably fresh out of high school. I've also been beat by a Honda Civic with a Garrett T3 turbo. He was just a hair faster then me, but the Miata just blew me off the road. As far as I can remember, those are my only 2 losses. I've beat many rustang GTs and my all time favorite kill was earlier this summer when I outran a new Nismo Nissan 350Z. I could almost see the tears running down the dudes cheeks when I let him catch back up to me.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Koman is right. It was me that got beat by a Miata with a turbo on it the size of a suitcase. It wasn't even close. I'll pulled up along side him on the interstate running around 70ish. He knew I wanted to run and I let him take off just a millisecond before I did. He pulled away so fast I didn't know what hit me. He may have had nitrous but I doubt it. He even had a modified rear bumper to fit the giant ass pipe he had running from underneath the engine to the huge exhaust tip in the rear. I could see the whole pipe from the engine bay to the bumper, was damn near the diameter of a coffee can.

He slowed up and let me pull up beside him to give him a much deserved smile and thumbs up. It was a younger kid, probably fresh out of high school. I've also been beat by a Honda Civic with a Garrett T3 turbo. He was just a hair faster then me, but the Miata just blew me off the road. As far as I can remember, those are my only 2 losses. I've beat many rustang GTs and my all time favorite kill was earlier this summer when I outran a new Nismo Nissan 350Z. I could almost see the tears running down the dudes cheeks when I let him catch back up to me.

As the saying goes. "with enough money, anything can be made fast"

·
Registered
730 Posts
true anything can be made fast if you through enough money at it. just imagine having a 9 second M1A1 Abrams....but it's more practical to have a stupid fast great handling car like a miata...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Kind of reminds me of that car jay leno put a lot of money into... um... an old oldsmobile toronado? he converted it to rwd, then put a twin turbo big block in it? something like that...

Not that he doesn't have gobs of money to frankenstein whatever he wants though, lol

·
Registered
730 Posts
Kind of reminds me of that car jay leno put a lot of money into... um... an old oldsmobile toronado? he converted it to rwd, then put a twin turbo big block in it? something like that...

Not that he doesn't have gobs of money to frankenstein whatever he wants though, lol
corvairs were popular conversions for this too. from rear engine to front engine to fit v8s into.although plainjane as ever corvairs were pretty respectable cars for their time.

·
Registered
730 Posts
1 - 16 of 16 Posts