Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way home, having some Starbucks, MMOB...

Kid in a Mits Lancer rides up hard behind me, pushes by, waits for me down at the next light.

I pull up, glance over, switch off the TC, and turn up the Led Zep.

Light goes green and we get it on!! Musta been twenty cars sitting around at the intersection just freakin' out!

My Black/Black '05 M6 jumps to 1/2 length lead.

By 2nd it's a length.

By 3rd it's a length and a half.

In 4th, at 80, it's two lengths and we shut 'em down.

Next light the rice boy's p^ssed. Won't even look at me.

He, he.

That was my very first race ever.

I'm so stoked! Wasn't gonna mod the car but now...

·
Registered
78 Posts
I had the exact thing happen in me back when my 05 GTO was stock. I lined up against a brand new EVO (regular EVO V111 model)
We ran from a 1st gear roll to about 80 mph or so. I ended up pulling a few cars on him. It was a good race but I was pulling on him pretty hard once I got to third gear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Dan

Be careful, I have a modded Evo 8 in addition to my 05 GTO. The Evo turned 11.7 at 118 at Ennis. It looks stock, not one decal on it.

Goat Boy

·
Registered
156 Posts
I was trying to get a guy with a regular Evo (not MR) to race me last night. I thought it would be a close race, but he didn't want to because he was affraid he would lose (retarded reason not to race... he raced earlier that night, so he wasn't affraid of racing in general). I guess he knew something I didn't.

·
Registered
3 Posts
You went from a dig against an EVO and pulled a length off the jump? Sounds to me like the evo driver couldn't drive. Good kill.

B

·
0 Posts
excellent kill, even though you should have been in the middle of third at 80, not fourth...

·
Registered
156 Posts
4tun8 said:
You went from a dig against an EVO and pulled a length off the jump? Sounds to me like the evo driver couldn't drive. Good kill.
Most of em can't... they do the good ol' 2 feet to the floor and drop the clutch all Gran Turismo style and think its gonna blast off the line like a rocket... then it boggs and they run 2.4 60's at the track (I love hearing the newbie AWD guys at the track trying to figure out why trucks on street tires are beating em to the 60'). But that is part of the fun of killing em. I STILL want to race an Evo, but I can't ever find any, and when I do they are skurred.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I want to run a GTO but I can't find anyone too.

My best 60 foot is 1.77, I'm not all that great but my tires are bald now so I'm hoping for a 1.69 when I get new tires.

·
Registered
358 Posts
4tun8 said:
I want to run a GTO but I can't find anyone too.

My best 60 foot is 1.77, I'm not all that great but my tires are bald now so I'm hoping for a 1.69 when I get new tires.
Where are you located at?

My best 60 ft is 1.78, should be a good run.

B

·
0 Posts
actually, a GOOD driver, with the advantage of IRS, it is possible to do that on street tires!!!

V

·
0 Posts
Makes me wonder if they will make another Fast and fur.. movie and drop in a riced out GTO... it will be ashame to see a GTO riced .. but would be cool to see what they would do with it in a movie ... :willy: :party:

·
Registered
59 Posts
big_mike said:
actually, a GOOD driver, with the advantage of IRS, it is possible to do that on street tires!!!
Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought that IRS was actually a disadvantage when dragging.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts