Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy who lives two houses down from my house has a white Ford lightning I've been dying to race for quite a while. He is claiming to make over 400 at the wheels which is believable. I know he has a lot of intake mods, pulley, tune, 2800 stall, and some traction bars or something. A while back I jokingly told him all ford's got was that 5.4...He responded in a serious tone with "its more than enough to take care of that 6.0." I knew the clock was ticking till our big race. Last Saturday we got the chance to run after a local car meet. I was beside him at about 45mph and dropped it down into second waiting for him to go. He motioned for me to hit it first thinking he would reel me in. The opposite happened and I kept pulling on him. Once in third it seemed like he let off haha. So I hit the brakes to let him know I was done. Then we come to a stop light. I've heard these things are nasty from a dig so when the light goes green, I choke and have the worst launch I've ever had. I spin, wheel hop, let off, give it gas, and spin again. Driver mod FTL! By the top of second my nose is at his front fender and I am gaining quick. He let off right before I could pass him and tells me I got him on the top end and he has me on the bottom end. PSH...wait till I put my DR's on.

·
Registered
282 Posts
A guy who lives two houses down from my house has a white Ford lightning I've been dying to race for quite a while. He is claiming to make over 400 at the wheels which is believable. I know he has a lot of intake mods, pulley, tune, 2800 stall, and some traction bars or something. A while back I jokingly told him all ford's got was that 5.4...He responded in a serious tone with "its more than enough to take care of that 6.0." I knew the clock was ticking till our big race. Last Saturday we got the chance to run after a local car meet. I was beside him at about 45mph and dropped it down into second waiting for him to go. He motioned for me to hit it first thinking he would reel me in. The opposite happened and I kept pulling on him. Once in third it seemed like he let off haha. So I hit the brakes to let him know I was done. Then we come to a stop light. I've heard these things are nasty from a dig so when the light goes green, I choke and have the worst launch I've ever had. I spin, wheel hop, let off, give it gas, and spin again. Driver mod FTL! By the top of second my nose is at his front fender and I am gaining quick. He let off right before I could pass him and tells me I got him on the top end and he has me on the bottom end. PSH...wait till I put my DR's on.
Nice races. Well not so much on the second launch!:lol: What mods do you have? A pullied lightning should be a high 12 second car on stickys.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice races. Well not so much on the second launch!:lol: What mods do you have? A pullied lightning should be a high 12 second car on stickys.
I have Resonator delete, NGK TR55IX plugs, IAT sensor relocator, AEM CAI and a dyno tune :)

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
:cool
I laugh at Lightnings. Such fugly, impractical things.
True. But I won't laugh at them because there is some out there that will eat my lunch.
What about Syclones/Typhoons and Trailblazer SS's?
I rather have a built, supercharged Silverado SS my self.:cool

1 - 8 of 8 Posts