Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night cruising down a two lane highway, I see some blue headlights in my rearview. I am MMOB and ignore them. He seems to want to pass me so I get into the right lane. He does the same. Later I swith lanes again and he follows. I speed up to about 10 over and he comes right back up on me. I know whatever it is, it wants to try its luck. So I drop it in 2nd at 50mph and stomp it. He stays about 2 cars behind me until I get it into third...about 500rpms into third and Im pulling away pretty steadily. Later on I finally get to see what my competitor was driving. It was a lowered blue and probably boosted, Honda Civic. 3 people in the car (including driver). I also had two others in my car. We all had our windows down but he REFUSED to look over at the light. Even his friends acted like we didn't exist. It was funny because I assume he thought he may have been able to beat me. Little does he know I was shortshifting 1500 RPMs early in every gear.

Quick little Civic though.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Nice kill. I believe in destroying guys when they step out of there league though. A habit I acquired when destroying wannabe racers who assumed because they had a 600 or 1000 sport bike they could automatically outhandle my zx14. Funny, I like my GTO as much as my bike, and for the same reasons: most people are idiots and 'assume' they are better or faster. Humiliation is mankinds best teacher IMO. :D

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I hear ya on putting people in their place. Im all about some chasing ricers down. If they give me a flyby or rev at me...they better be ready to get embarrased cause I won't let them live. Reving at me or trying to show off is like hitting a behive with a stick when I'm in the Goat.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Nice kill. I believe in destroying guys when they step out of there league though. A habit I acquired when destroying wannabe racers who assumed because they had a 600 or 1000 sport bike they could automatically outhandle my zx14. Funny, I like my GTO as much as my bike, and for the same reasons: most people are idiots and 'assume' they are better or faster. Humiliation is mankinds best teacher IMO. :D
Oh boy. Out of their league? All you have to do is spend enough money and you can play in any league you want.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh boy. Out of their league? All you have to do is spend enough money and you can play in any league you want.
Well, a mildly or even moderately modded civic is a little out of its league when it comes to highway rolls with a modded GTO. Just saying.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well, a mildly or even moderately modded civic is a little out of its league when it comes to highway rolls with a modded GTO. Just saying.
depends on the honda becareful of the 92-95 hatch back because there is no telling what they have.

sorry, I know its an old thread

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
depends on the honda becareful of the 92-95 hatch back because there is no telling what they have.

sorry, I know its an old thread
Lightly modded is the key.

A turbo isn't lightly modded.

An engine swap isn't lightly modded.

It isn't possible for a 92-95 Civic Hatchie to give my Hyundai ****** a run if it's lightly modded.

·
Registered
4 Posts
my brother has a k20 swapped del sol NA mildly modded engine, quick little thing. he's smoked muscles, never the beloved GTO though <3

1 - 8 of 8 Posts