Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK...I do not condone street racing of any kind...

...unless, of course, I'm the one doing it. Because, friends, what happened tonight was cool.

OK...there I was, sitting at the light on the street near my house...almost home after doing battle with traffic and high-speed cruising on the 5 for two hours.

The light turned green, and what burbles past at about 10 mph to my left just as the light changed...but a Dodge Viper. The driver of the Viper, an older gent with white hair, goosed the snake and it shot ahead.

Huh-uh, buddy...this is my street.

I smashed the loud pedal in my Holden down and the distance between the Dodge and I ceased to lengthen. At 6800 RPM I popped her into second, lighting up the Dunlops with a satisfying chirp (never had a chance to shut off the TC).

The distance decreased.

Again at ~6800 I pushed forward into thirds as we crested a small hill that marked the halfway point before my turnoff to my neighborhood. Again, that meaty chirp. OK...I wasn't quite gaining as fast anymore...but the distance remained steady.

By the time I hit fourth (and I have no idea how fast we were going then) the Snake was slowly pulling away....but only just so.

The light at the golf course entrance (my neighborhood) was red, so we both backed down. I got in the right-hand turn lane and looked over at the Viper. The guy had a huge smile on his face, matching my own. He hit the horn and waved.

I waved back, feeling pretty damned good about being able to hold my own against a car that has at least 100 hp on me and also a rolling start. I labor under no misconceptions about the GTO being able to beat a Viper in a fair race, but-- dammit-- that was fun....and a hell of a lot more sporty than routinely shutting down the inbred losers in pickup trucks.

·
Registered
314 Posts
All hail Groucho, I as Lord of my Manor offer you the finest nuts and berries my land has to offer. Please accept these woman as gifts for your pleasure, which are willing to massage and soak you in the smoothest goats milk available high and low. As a fellow goateer I raise a New Castle in your name, and proclaim this your day as all are in complete envy.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sboylan said:
All hail Groucho, I as Lord of my Manor offer you the finest nuts and berries my land has to offer. Please accept these woman as gifts for your pleasure, which are willing to massage and soak you in the smoothest goats milk available high and low. As a fellow goateer I raise a New Castle in your name, and proclaim this your day as all are in complete envy.
Bring on the women! :cool

Keep the goats milk, though. Where are the teats on this thing, anyway? As far as I can tell, they're not mentioned in the manual...

·
Registered
177 Posts
Uh Groucho, no offense, but did you mod it...my 04 rev limits at 6000. Cool race though, I wish I could do that around here...seems the police are starting to station up more and more around here; they're such killjoys!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
79TA&04GTO said:
Uh Groucho, no offense, but did you mod it...my 04 rev limits at 6000. Cool race though, I wish I could do that around here...seems the police are starting to station up more and more around here; they're such killjoys!

Right-o...

I meant 5800.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts