Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
are there scans of the wiring diagrams available anywhere. I need one for my 69 convertible.
I have some of 1970 and later, but none from a 69.
They are probably the same of at least pretty close, but I'm not sure.
advise?

Talking to 05GTO and he said If I posted my wiring Diagrams he'd sticky this.
I've uploaded the first one. do you guys prefer a PDF?
I can offer :
1970-71 Tempest GTO LeMans
1972 Tempest and LeMans
1973 Tempest GTO LeMans
1974 Tempest GTO LeMans
1975 Tempest GTO LeMans

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what are they like? quality wise.
In my experience those guys on ebay are merely scammers packaging data they find on the internet and selling it on ebay.
It seems to me we should have this information available here on this forum.
It is for GTO's afterall. I'd figure this critical GTO information is available here.
or is that something available only to premium members?

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Paul Zazarine's "Pontiac GTO restoration Guide" has a "1969 Passenger compartment wiring schematic" on page 174. PM me a fax number and I will copy and fax it to you.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Joust, you say you have 70-71? I'm completely lost on a few wires under my hood and that would help out greatly. I have a restoration guide but I am unable to find what I'm looking for. I am also leary of the 'ebay specials.' If you could fax or email a copy that would be awesome! 315-438-4331 or [email protected]

~mike

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
are there scans of the wiring diagrams available anywhere. I need one for my 69 convertible.
I have some of 1970 and later, but none from a 69.
They are probably the same of at least pretty close, but I'm not sure.
advise?

I've never seen a dedicated forum that did not have access the scans of the service manuals for the vehicles in question.
I can offer :
1970-71 Tempest GTO LeMans
1972 Tempest and LeMans
1973 Tempest GTO LeMans
1974 Tempest GTO LeMans
1975 Tempest GTO LeMans
Here is a scan of a 69,

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Did you ever find the wiring diagram you were looking for? I also have a 69 convertible with taillight electrical issues, and was looking for one. Thanks

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
i knew these would come in handy. i just got done reworking my engine harness. it amazing how many of these wires you can do without! thanks for the scans.

·
Registered
32 Posts
73 diagram

Hi Joust
I read you also have a diagram for a 1973 Lemans/GTO,
would you like to post it?

I'm having problems with my horn/horn relay and i don't know which wires control them.

Thanks!!!

Frank

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm a new member.
I need a scan of a 72 LeMans wiring diagram. Specifically I'm looking for the Points resister wire.
Thanks,
Andy

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
I have that manual (1972 service manual). I will try to scan the diagram and post it tomorrow (Wed). Check back on Wed nite or Thurs.
Dave
Hi, I'm a new member.
I need a scan of a 72 LeMans wiring diagram. Specifically I'm looking for the Points resister wire.
Thanks,
Andy

·
Registered
34 Posts
Horn switch

I find the horn relay but I do not see the horn switch(button). Tracing the wires it looks like it is part of the directional connect/switch. It looks to like the return is tide to all the gray wires of the rheostat common. That couldn't be right but thats what it looks like. I am trying to get my horns to blast. The relay functions properly and I get voltage to the horns but there doesn't seem to be enough current getting through to excite the horns. The horns work fine connected directly to the battery. I am going to try running a new wire from the relay out to the horns and make sure to clean off all the connector oxidation. If it still won't blast; I guess a new relay??? Anyone had this problem? What was your fix? Thanks. :confused

I was using the diagrams for the 66 GTO/Tempest posted by 05GTO on the 1st page of this thread. It looks about the same on the 68 diagram also except the 68 horn relay also powers the buzzer alarm.... strange stuff Maynard.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts