Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a decent design that lets you still have access to the rear seat and lets you have a harness attached? I am having some doubts about it :shutme

·
Registered
7 Posts
Im sure if you take the car to a custom fabrication shop they can do it. Just call around in your area. A good welder is hard to come by so check out there work on previous cars... You should ask if they do cages for race cars if so your set.

I live in Florida and there are two in my town that I know of that could work something out for you but be prepared to spend a lot..

Later,

Ken

·
Registered
51 Posts
Redline said:
Is there a decent design that lets you still have access to the rear seat and lets you have a harness attached? I am having some doubts about it :shutme
I think you would be able to squeeze a cage in there to suit your needs. As said before it all depends on who you have do your cage work. Remember welding chromoly tubing is alot different then welding mild steel!!. My next question is....why are you wanting to put a cage in your GTO? Are you going for 11 and lower or are you wanting it mainly for looks? Let's say you choose to do a mild steel 6 point cage, that is going to involve putting holes through you interior and dash to make the cage NHRA and SCCA legal. If you are going for looks I would just wait. You can check out Auto Power Roll Cages and see if they make a 4 point bolt in that might suit your needs and function.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts