Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's not a big deal to see them anymore. I literally saw 5 or 6 this week! And that's just with casual driving to work/run errands. Over the last few weeks I've been seeing more Goats than Mustangs, and a lot more than Chargers.

I'm not special anymore lol :). I used to feel like some-what of a big deal driving my Goat, but now every corner I turn there's another one with a guy inside looking at me as he passes. I've seen basically every color in person now, even a whole bunch of yellows.....just over the last few weeks!

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
I go a week to a week and a half without seeing one, then I'll see 3-4 in one day. Total production by the end of 06 will still be less than half the amount of 2005 Mustangs on the road. It'll be about the same as one years worth of Vettes. It's still a rare beast.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UdnUdnGTO said:
:confused Hey, it is a geat car whether there are 2 or 1,000. Around here, I see on every 15-20 days. Sure you weren't in a convention about to happen? :D
No, they're everywhere around here. Just the other day I was driving home from work when a silver one pulls up next to me, we look at each other, then look forward to see a red one turning into our street in front of us lol.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Gibson,

You know this was going to happen sooner or later. The price for the GTOs have been reduced which lures more people.
I love my car and all that but there are worse things in life. After a while it won't bother you anymore.

·
Registered
99 Posts
They might have had them on sale where you live. J/K. I still don't see too many. I've seen more lately, maybe about 1 every 2 weeks (compared to 1 every 6 weeks), but its still not that many. I have seen alot of chargers lately, maybe one every other 3rd block. And mustangs I see maybe 5 in every block. I counted them once when I was driving. All year models, total of 36 on about 8 minutes of driving! I guess it all depends on where you live. Out by LA, just about everyone puts 22" rims on their car, and lately that seems to be the charger. 90% of the chargers I've seen have rims that big.
I still feel special when I drive my car. Even though there are more now than there ever was, I still feel that our car is very unique. I love the fact that its not just a "trend" to drive a GTO. Most people appearently don't know what it is (probably because you don't even see them on TV!). Whatever the case, I'll never look back after I got mine. It's a blast!

·
Registered
388 Posts
Give me a break...I hawked a bigass loogie and spit it out on 270 in St. Louis...spun out a half dozen Mustangs. :lol:

I also had the Goat out braving the weather in Mt. Vernon, IL this weekend. The only Mustang I saw was tail-tucked under the awning at the Holidy Inn.

http://www.carbondaleporkdistrict.com/forum/mtvernon2006.wmv

The Goat drew her props this weekend...and I love her more each time I drive her.

Gerry

·
Registered
569 Posts
Depends, where I live in PA I never see any- just one red one about a half hour away- but- if I drive to the Wappingers Falls area of NY, I see about a dozen just on route 9 there!!! Still not as common as a stang will ever be. Ford always whores all their cars out, so there are thousands on the roads with no resale value whatsoever :).
Joe

·
Registered
233 Posts
GibsonUSA, I'll go ahead and ask...where do you live. I suspect the answer is "Gibson" stupid, however, if so, I don't know where Gibson is...anyway.

I live 40 miles north of Atlanta. There are very few goats around here. This is another MBM6 a few miles away, a silver one, and a yellow one in the area. Honestly, I have seen 3 on the local roads and maybe 5 in interstate travel since November '05. It is amazing how people look and have never seen such a beast before. When I have contact with the local dealers they look totally bummed and say they can't sell them. There are still '05s on the lots that they keep swapping back and forth to get them to fresh locations. There was a posting here a while back saying they were selling in some regions (like Caly) and not in others. It is an amazing thing.

In any case...look at the Mustangs on the road. They are a dime a dozen. There is nothing special about them, our Goats are a special breed...and they are no more. Keep it, Live it, Love it. We are unique.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Before I got mine I hadn't seen one in weeks. I would usually see one GTO a month at most. Now that I got mine, in the last 3 weeks I have seen at least 8-10. I am sure that I have seen a few of them more then once, but at least 5 of them were different.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Russ2005 said:
GibsonUSA, I'll go ahead and ask...where do you live. I suspect the answer is "Gibson" stupid, however, if so, I don't know where Gibson is...anyway.

I live 40 miles north of Atlanta. There are very few goats around here. This is another MBM6 a few miles away, a silver one, and a yellow one in the area. Honestly, I have seen 3 on the local roads and maybe 5 in interstate travel since November '05. It is amazing how people look and have never seen such a beast before. When I have contact with the local dealers they look totally bummed and say they can't sell them. There are still '05s on the lots that they keep swapping back and forth to get them to fresh locations. There was a posting here a while back saying they were selling in some regions (like Caly) and not in others. It is an amazing thing.

In any case...look at the Mustangs on the road. They are a dime a dozen. There is nothing special about them, our Goats are a special breed...and they are no more. Keep it, Live it, Love it. We are unique.
Not to speak for GibsonUSA, as I don't know him, but being a guitarist I'd say he's referring to Gibson USA guitars.

On topic, I do see a lot more new GTOs, which makes since as they're in the third year of production. Still pretty rare compared to others.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.