Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to start a fun thread what tv show or movie that this beloved car has been in.I know a few but weigh in maybe we missed a cameo shot or two. Robby

·
Registered
524 Posts
One of the classics. Two Lane Blacktop. Starring a 70 GTO and a 55 Chevy. Co-Starring Warren Oats, James Taylor, and Dennis Wilson

TV shows: My Three Sons, I Dream of Genie, (Sponsored by Pontiac) and of course, The Monkeys.

·
Premium Member
270 Posts
Dazed and Confused. 70 orbit orange The Judge

·
Registered
101 Posts
Just wanted to start a fun thread what tv show or movie that this beloved car has been in.I know a few but weigh in maybe we missed a cameo shot or two. Robby
Theres "the Punisher" movie with the flat black '69 GTO , and i remember another movie called "sex drive' with a gto.jpg gto.jpg carousel red 69 Judge.

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dazed and Confused. 70 orbit orange The Judge
Jenny when she was hitch hiking got in a 66 GTO on Forrest Gump

·
Premium Member
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ya'll may be too young to remember the Monkeemobile. The bad news is that they destroyed two 66 GTO convertibles to build it. View attachment 133897
I remember was 2 when show came out.I don’t think Pontiac was too sad about losing 2cars for the build.That car probably helped that record production year!

·
Registered
170 Posts
On that Monkeymobile, I read that it was practically impossible to drive that thing.

In the early seasons of Walker, Texas Ranger, they featured a 1965 GTO in two or three episodes. I think it was usually the villan's car.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I remembered that I Dream of Jeannie had lots of Pontiac cars in the show Major Nelson drove the GTO
I seem to recall a Firebird ??in the show maybe

Attachments

1 - 20 of 47 Posts