Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I seen that the 2005 GTOs have been around the east coast since early of the year.And i have seen at least 6 at one dealer and at least 1 or 2 at all the other dealers except maybe 1 or 2. in my area.And with all this talk about many GTOs at the docks waiting for delivery why not wait a bit since there should be many to go around if they ever get them off them dammmm docks.Johnny

·
Registered
410 Posts
This seems like the one aspect that could bring out the rebates again this year.

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
I was talking with my local dealer just the other day, and the shippment that arrived in California on April 26th is still sitting on the docks. Thats nearly 2 months now that they have just been sitting there. They do not know when they will ship either. Even if they shipped today it's a minimum 2-3 weeks to reach the east coast. It's sad the way the orders have been handled.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why is that?If GM screws up its our gain.............So to see more on dealer lots in months to come so everyone can get a great deal.I don't even want to walk into a dealer yet,at least not till aug or sept so i know there will be end of the year savings. :party:

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Well for one, I would much rather drive my GTO than hope I get a better deal than I already got . I was one that ordered one in January and after the April then Beginning of May then Middle of May and then end of May delivery dates passed I went searching for one exactly like the one I had ordered. Had I continued to wait, I'd still be waiting. I was fortunate to find one. And even with the incentive that is going on now I still got a fantastic deal, because I ordered mine before final pricing was set and I got mine for well under invoice. Like I said I had a happy ending for my order. And for Second..I don't know about you, but I wasn't too excited about taking delivery of my GTO sometime in Nov, or December only to garage it over the winter and not drive it. I don't plan to introduce mine to road salt. Even if it were to be delivered in Sept, or Oct that leaves a month or so until winter grips us. To me, I'd rather enjoy it now than wait till next spring. As far as incentives, unless you have an inside source you cannot be certain what kind of a deal you will get. Sure there are GTO's in showrooms but I wanted what I wanted, I didn't want to settle for what some dealer had. But that's me. Everyone has different priorit, and likes, and dislikes. I'd rather get what I want and pay a little more than to get one that I'm just ok with but got a better deal. I hope you get the one you want for a price you want. If not, and you decide to wait for one, God only knows when the ones hitting the shores now, will ship.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very happy with you getting the GTO for under invoice,now would you pay $1000-$2000 over invoice?There are GTOs on most of my dealer lots and i would think more will be coming in.I am sure if most could have got the car for under invoice we would have got the car.I don't know if you were in a rush in getting a car or really needed one right away.I think most are in no rush in throwing our money to the dealers.You are right it would be nice to have the car in the Summer but i ratter save a thousand or two.And like most people if you go by your dealers i am sure that there will be a few GTOs on their lots and more coming in.Start Shopping on Aug 30th last day of the month is when you can get a better deal or wait till sept when they have their Big Sales {2006s are coming in need to get rid of the 2005s} and big tent sales...Johnny

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Naaaaa I was in no rush for one. That's why I ordered it in January. I expected to wait 4-5 months. But the wait now would be 7-8 months if I had not acted. Incidentally as of today the one I had originally ordered is still on the docks LOL. For me I wanted one this spring or early summer not fall, or early winter. No way would I pay 1-$2000 over invoice. I did my homework before I ordered. Actually I emailed 19 different dealers with the same wording: give me your best shot, I am not playing games, and I am not gonna play the will you match the match I got from the previous match from the other guy's match game. Because I did my homework, and shopped I lucked out and got the deal I did. On top of that I was lucky that the dealer in which I eventually purchased it from matched the original deal. So I was very fortunate. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for, and I suspect with GM being in the shape they are in right now, you should get a sweet deal...... And.... when the back log lifts they'll be many to be had. Hope you share pics of it when you get it!!

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank yea Judge,,,,I really mean i am very glad you got a really good deal...I sent Emails and the dealers wanted top dollar a week before the GM Employees Discount and then some wrote back and wanted to give me the GM employees discount...I have one Dealer saying the GM discount will end July 5th and we have been writing back{glad they only have my email only and not my phone}They are telling me the GM Discount will not come back its a one time thing.After a few Email about me telling them how many cars they have on their lots and GM laying off 25,000,They know they were getting nowhere with me.I told them i will buy in late Aug or early Sept.They told me please give them a call when i am ready in Aug.
Even when they have your email they try to still high presure you and lying to you.....I was very happy in telling the Salesperson that i see that she knows what was going on and also was in GM marketing Dept and letting me know what the furture and no more future sales on the GTOs.lol....Johnny
{Sorry about my typing its the wine at this time at night}

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Buying a car anymore is pretty simple. In fact, GTO Judge just said all you need to know. Send an identical Request For Quote to dealers that have the car you want in stock. If you get the number you want, sign a deal contingent on your reviewing the car in person.

That said, you have to have a number in mind first. What's yours? $26K? $25K? Less? Ain't gonna happen right now. Can't hurt to ping a dealer and ask -- but getting into crap like "I see all the cars you've got, there's a million of them on the docks, GM's laying off 25,000 people" is just a big circle jerk because it just isn't getting down to dollars and cents.

Not to be rude, but you keep going on and on and on about incentives going nowhere but up -- so why are you even bothering to look now -- when the best deals will probably begin at the end of September, then again at the end of December (so GM can make their quarterly numbers look good)?

The reason why the GME program's in place is to prop GM's second quarter up. So when you call or send e-mails asking about what incentives are coming up later -- what the heck do you expect a dealer to say? "Oh, yeah. They'll go up. For sure, buddy. I just want to keep paying on all this inventory here until you're ready. Want to pick one out so I can set it aside for you?" Business doesn't work like that. People want to move metal now -- for as much as they possibly can.

People know when somebody's ready to buy -- and when somebody's wasting their time. I just don't think you're ready to buy right now -- so give yourself and the dealers a break.

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My past posts have always said i wanted to Buy in late aug or early Sept.
I have a 2003 Mustang Gt and very happy but i want something NEW
I wanted a 2006 Mustang GT first but most of the dealers were charging over $2000 over sticker.
Only reason I might go with a GTO because it is growing on me a little bits and cannot see paying top dollar on a car when last year they gave them away.And yes they are selling many more this year but not as many as they should....Johnny

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I don't think when you are shopping and looking that you are not bugging dealers or should not bug the dealers unless they think everyone on their lots are all going to buy right there and now?
I tell them that i am only looking but they stick to yea like glue....
Hey i like getting info and looking for the best deal i can get before i buy anything unless you are a dealer and don't like me doing my home work in getting the best deal and trying to tell people that there are better deals out there.....Go back and sell cars to the uneducated people if thats your speed....Johnny

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
With all due respect, stop being so thick. Until you're ready to buy, you're not going to get a good price -- because the good numbers don't come up until people know you're serious -- which you are not.

In the meantime, you're just wasting people's time. On top of it, you're shooting your mouth off calling people liars and high pressure because you're not getting a good number. Why should a dealer throw out their best number when you've already blown your cover by saying "you're just looking?"

These days, as you obviously do not know, dealers get an e-mail from GM the night before announcing what the incentive programs are for the next day -- if that. They don't announce stuff in advance at all -- because it just kills traffic flow. Ask GTODEALER. Steve's a great guy -- he'll tell it to you straight. In fact, he'll ask his sales manager.

When I bought my car at the end of December, the sales manager just got on the web where consumers can look at incentives -- because that's where the current information was. Geez, the stuff changed something like three times in three days. I got lucky -- and hit on something like a $3500 Pontiac rebate, a $1000 GMAC rebate -- and 36 months at 0% -- plus a dealer discount and dealer/GM coupons to reduce inventory by the end of the year. I couldn't have gotten those figures in August -- so I didn't bother.

Again, I'm not trying to give you a hard time. Just trying to help you understand that until you are actually in the market -- you're just yanking your crank.

Hope you get a GTO -- because, for the money, it totally blows the Mustang away. Best of luck to you!

·
Banned
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad you are very happy with your car.
I was going to Buy a 2005 Mustang GT but everyone wanted $29,000-$36,000 and invoice was $26,000.I always paid $500 over invoice and the dealers tell me its a very hotttt car so they can go way over invoice.
But i want to take my brother and see if he likes the GTO as much as i do on sunday.
I want to put between $15,000-$20,000 down and get a good rate.
So i feel by sometime in Aug maybe i can get as good of a deal as you did,knowing that there will be rebates and hopfully lower interest rates.
I am sure there are lots of good salespeople,I guess i am pretty unlucky because when i see a car i want then the salesperson gets lost somewhere and then i get somebody thats called the CLOSER and they enjoy talking about what i want to pay a month and that can last a hour or so.
So when i get back from Vacation at the end of July i will be looking for that great deal that you have.
Glad i see people are enjoying their GTOs.johnny

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.