Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any Ideas on what I should do to trick out Enterprise's Chevy Colorado?

Car has been in the shop for another 10 days for the same pedal sensor/ecm.

It was previously in the shop for 28 days for the pedal sensor.

I drove it with the pedal sensor problem (safety mode) for about 2 months.

GM HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, F.. A NEW AMERICAN CAR, IM GETTING A KIA NEXT OR HYUNDAI ATLEAST THEY KNOW WHAT SERVICE MEANS.

My rep from Pontiac had a week to assess my case, I had to get ahold of him today(after he didnt call in the window we set up last wednesday) and he said he hasnt been able to get all of the info, in a weeks time, BS he just doesnt want to get me out of this LEMON.

Ive filed a claim with the bbb, which I need to submit.

Does anyone have experience with claims like this and the b.a.r.?

The GOAT was an amazing car, too bad it's dead!

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
GM HAS NO CUSTOMER SERVICE, F.. A NEW AMERICAN CAR, IM GETTING A KIA NEXT OR HYUNDAI ATLEAST THEY KNOW WHAT SERVICE MEANS.
+1. I learned that during my Tremec Blender debacle.

Them's fighting words around here, though. :D

It makes no difference how good their cars are becoming-- GM will always be a bit player in the world auto market if they don't whip their dealers in general and customer service in particular into shape...because it sucks.

Sorry for your pain, dood.

·
Registered
565 Posts
That really sucks bro.

First I'd say you need to pester GM with calls about your situation. Clearly your dealership is acting just like every other crappy dealership in this world. I find the way to counter this is to get like a manager of public relations on the phone at GM. Tell him your situation and that you are ready to file a complaint with the BBB against the dealership. He most likely will then give the dealership a call in the next day or two saying "Listen, if you don't take care of this customer and stop giving them bull****, not only are they going to hand your ass to you on a silver platter but we'll take action also."

As much as people think the parent company (GM in this case) may not care about problems like this, it's usually 100% the problem of the particular dealership. They may say they're talking to GM to try and solve the problem but guess what, chances are they haven't even contacted them once. I know... I've bought a vehicle from one of the crappiest dealerships in the world before.

Just make sure that you're polite and friendly with the GM rep... they really don't mind helping you out that way. Oh and if the GM rep doesn't help you whatsoever tell him you want to speak to someone else. You never know... you may get stock talking to some asswhipe who is exactly like the guy at the dealership at first - so just move on to someone with a brain who will help you.

Anyway, update when you get some new info please.

·
Registered
674 Posts
the problem is the so called customer service staff are not gm employees. they are subcontracted out. they dont give a rats ass if you are satisfied. i swore never to buy another gm product because of them.

the only reason i go the gto was the 12800 off sticker and the 54% residual after three years. the only reason we got the rendezvous was 3000 in gm card money and an insane belief the car will be worth 60% of msrp that was discounted 5k.

file with the bbb and let it run up the chain. maybe you will get lucky and someone that cares about the bottom line will get your file.

good luck. my aurora wasnt a bad car, in fact it was a pretty good car. the service on the other hand was pathetic. if i have any problems with the ghto and the service is anything like what i had with the aurora, it is off to honda for me.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Sorry to hear you're still having an issue with it Stockton...My service dept. was found lacking as well....So I contacted Pontiac directly.Nice young lady called back,calmed my nerves and made an appt. for the next day.....Dealership fixed pedal sensor, completely reprogrammed computer and completely replaced gas pedal assembly....It's been 2 weeks still not a problem....though I still swear I hear that little tune it plays when it drops into safety mode...in my sleep.....Keep your head up Stockton and Good Luck...When the Car's Right it's really Right! :cheers

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
Ive filed a claim with the bbb, which I need to submit.
You were whining about going to the BBB a month ago.

I took the time to write a comprehensive process for you to follow -- and explained that going to the BBB was a complete waste of time. Obviously, you didn't either take the time to read it or weren't bright enough to follow up on it.

Some people get what they deserve. Go ahead and get a Hyundai or Kia. The Raiders bumper sticker will fit on it perfectly.

·
Registered
8 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
to the rest of you, thank you for your sympathies, it truely has been trying times. :cheers
Are you a member of ls1gto.com forum? There are a large number of us over there with the same problem. I'm going on day 21 right now, and have been told that it'll be another 3 weeks at least before part should arrive. Should be new part, not the same as existing part (upgraded I hope). I'm BriscoCounty over on ls1gto!

I can feel for you, this really does suck! Like I've told everyone else, this is the last Australian built car or any overseas car I'll ever buy! And right now, I'm thinking this may be my last GM car if things don't improve.

I can say that Pontiac Customer service and my dealership have been pretty good and have kept me informed. They just can't help get the part here any sooner!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im on ls1gto forum a lot but I never write anything on there. That's an awsome forum though. They replaced my sensor and were still having the problem, so they thought it was the ecm and replaced that too. When they replaced the ecm the car went from having problems every so often to non-opporational.

Hey how many more are there of us with this pedal sensor/ecm problem because if we could team up and approach pontiac together I think we might get a better reaction from pontiac.

And if not it might be time to start thinking about getting some legal advice?

·
Registered
937 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
Im on ls1gto forum a lot but I never write anything on there. That's an awsome forum though. They replaced my sensor and were still having the problem, so they thought it was the ecm and replaced that too. When they replaced the ecm the car went from having problems every so often to non-opporational.

Hey how many more are there of us with this pedal sensor/ecm problem because if we could team up and approach pontiac together I think we might get a better reaction from pontiac.

And if not it might be time to start thinking about getting some legal advice?
I think if you persue the "Lemon" approach someone is going to get real interested real fast because they would have to refund your full purchase price for the vehicle and they are stuck with a worthless vehicle. I dont believe they can resell it once it has been "Lemoned". 6500 Miles and I havnt had an computer issues yet.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Good luck with the dealer or BBB. I just fought BBB for two months over a "purchase price discrepancy" to put my situation simply. Both the dealer (of course) and BBB were completely worthless in my case. My dealer was a "preferred client" of the BBB, which tells me the BBB is biased in favor of the dealer which totally goes against their very purpose.

Because the dealer is a preferred client the BBB will not close a case as "unresolved" in order to not tarnish the company's reputation. Man, I'm still hot over this ($2500 loss to me).

BTW, the dealer is Behlmann Pontiac in St. Louis and I highly recommend never doing business with this establishment.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
AmesGTO said:
Why is going to the BBB a waste of time. I know first hand it isn't.
Because a dealer isn't bound to do anything with the BBB by law. Some dealers are so fouled up that they'll take a letter from the BBB and simply throw it away. And there's nothing the BBB can do. Honestly, who bothers to check with the BBB before buying a car from a dealer or taking it in for service? Nobody. That's why a dealer doesn't care.

This guy is far better off familiarizing himself with the California Lemon Law and discussing it with both the GM zone rep and dealer in those terms. Once they understand that he means business -- and knows how to use the law as leverage to get his way -- this dealer will come around. He isn't, the dealer knows it, and is crapping all over him as a result.

Instead of looking for sympathy and threatening to "knock me out," he needs to get tough with that dealer. If they can't get a part in a month, then you MAKE them take the part off another car in stock -- or contact that wrecking yard in OKC with the totalled '05s -- and get the replacement part sent out. The dealer and GM zone will do that -- as long as they know they're dealing with somebody capable of stuffing that car down their throat with the law.

Don't mean to come across as a jerk -- but to impose your will on a creepy dealer, you absolutely have to get tough with them by making them realize that if you don't play ball -- they're going to suffer for it.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
b_a_betterperson said:
Because a dealer isn't bound to do anything with the BBB by law. Some dealers are so fouled up that they'll take a letter from the BBB and simply throw it away. And there's nothing the BBB can do. Honestly, who bothers to check with the BBB before buying a car from a dealer or taking it in for service? Nobody. That's why a dealer doesn't care.

This guy is far better off familiarizing himself with the California Lemon Law and discussing it with both the GM zone rep and dealer in those terms. Once they understand that he means business -- and knows how to use the law as leverage to get his way -- this dealer will come around. He isn't, the dealer knows it, and is crapping all over him as a result.

Instead of looking for sympathy and threatening to "knock me out," he needs to get tough with that dealer. If they can't get a part in a month, then you MAKE them take the part off another car in stock -- or contact that wrecking yard in OKC with the totalled '05s -- and get the replacement part sent out. The dealer and GM zone will do that -- as long as they know they're dealing with somebody capable of stuffing that car down their throat with the law.

Don't mean to come across as a jerk -- but to impose your will on a creepy dealer, you absolutely have to get tough with them by making them realize that if you don't play ball -- they're going to suffer for it.
B A is exactly right here. You need to get a copy of the lemon law for California. You need to walk into the Pontiac dealer with a copy of the law in your hand. You hand deliver and have the General Manager of the dealership sign, a copy of the letter informing them of your intention to force them to buy the car back. Force is what you will have to do, they will ignore you if you do not follow the letter of the law, and they will fight you hard. You also need to get in touch with the California department of consumer affairs (or whatever California calls their consumer protection department). Explain your position, but also have every piece of paper you have ever gotten with this car, especially the repairs. I would also let them know you will contact the NHTSA because this car has a computer operated throttle, and may pose a safety hazard. Thet will help to get their attention, and you can tell how much you have their attention by how hard they fight any of these steps. The harder they fight, the closer you are to a win.
Also as a manager of a business, I could care less what the BBB did. The majority of people do not use that as a shopping tool. They are a paper tiger. Don't waste your energies there. If you don't want to do the leg work, get a lawyer, but realize that he will make money off of you.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Some people get what they deserve. Go ahead and get a Hyundai or Kia. The Raiders bumper sticker will fit on it perfectly.[/QUOTE]

B A, knowing that you are from Pittsburgh and likely a Steelers fan, I sense some hostility here. I know that the Raiders played dirty. I know that they intentionally tried to end Bradshaw's career. You should try to be nice. Remember, we have four Superbowl rings and they have????????

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.