Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
I doubt that they will. Since the GTO is done after 06. However, I had to Visit Cambridge Ontario on business last week, aye. I drove my GTO, 406 miles up to Cambridge. We had a good time up there. I was definitely the only 2004 GTO on the road up there. You guys should be able to get the new Camaro when it comes out though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
just wondering if anyone knows if they are going to bring them to canada anytime soon
Sorry for jumping into an old thread late here. I was just looking for info on this myself and thought I'd pass along what I found...

http://www.riv.ca/english/html/us_vehicle_admissibility.html will give you the details, but 2004-2006 GTOs are one of the very few Pontiacs on the "inadmissable" list. It doesn't say why, but I'd guess its probably the bumpers. FYI the others are the Solstice and the '91 Bonneville.

IOW, you can't import it and get it licensed in Canada. At least not for 15 years, then it'll fall under the old vehicle catchall.

I wonder though if you could just leave American plates on it, pay US insurance and bring it in? Anyone know?

·
Registered
148 Posts
just wondering if anyone knows if they are going to bring them to canada anytime soon... id hate to have to move to america just to get a gto lol
thanks,

Wes
Wes, Come on down to the lower 48..there are lots of new '06 GTO's and a few '05's left in dealer inventories. We like Canadian gear heads down here and I am sure you would fit right in and love it!! :cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.