Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the Car & Driver road test of the GT500 convertible.

0-60 4.8 seconds
0-100 11.1 seconds
1/4 Mile 13.4 @ 108

4008 pounds and 500hp for the vert. I'm thinking all the 500 horses aren't there in the coupe or the vert, or the engine is poorly engineered and very peaky.

Oh it costs 51,000 before dealers add their 15 plus grand in dealer added profit. PT Barnum said it best, "There's a sucker born every minute".

·
Registered
439 Posts
Also keep in mind that C&D likes to let their 15 year old daughters do the 1/4 runs from time to time. Remember when they claimed the LS1 Camaros were running 13.9s?

Just don't let it surprise you, these things are monsters. And with the eaton, a tune, a pulley, and minor induction work is going to net these things in the 600s.

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
CrabhartLSX said:
Also keep in mind that C&D likes to let their 15 year old daughters do the 1/4 runs from time to time. Remember when they claimed the LS1 Camaros were running 13.9s?

Just don't let it surprise you, these things are monsters. And with the eaton, a tune, a pulley, and minor induction work is going to net these things in the 600s.
Here we go again. Someone always have to bring up mods. If you buy a car for $51-$66,000 with 500 hp and have to consider mods to outrun a $32,000 car with 400 hp, you definitely aren't playing with a full deck.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
Then again, anyone who drops that kind of cash on an iron-axle dinoride like the GT500 isn't the sharpest cutting utensil in the horizontally-translating storage bin, either.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Groucho said:
Then again, anyone who drops that kind of cash on an iron-axle dinoride like the GT500 isn't the sharpest cutting utensil in the horizontally-translating storage bin, either.
+1 I would take the 03 Cobra anyday over the GT500.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I think it's pretty sick. I saw in some car mag that they were getting it to pop the front wheels from dead starts from intersections and stuff. I think it will post numbers considerably better than that 13.4, although it's a hefty beast huh? I like way better than the GT

1 - 11 of 11 Posts