Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought it would be nice to start a thread for people who haven't had any problems with their GTO's to post. These forums have a tendancy to make people think the GTO's have all kind of problems, because that's what people post about most of the time. I think it's reassuring to see everybody who hasn't had any kind of major problem with their goat raise their hand and say their piece.

I'll start!

2006 Blue M6 w/ 18" wheels. Took it home around 2/23/06 with ~80 miles on it, and the odometer has just over 1400 miles on it now. Only problem i've had is the birds like to relieve themselves on it more than I appreciate.

:seeya:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Nice Color...:cheers

Same store here. I have 06 blue M6 with zero issues. I picked up the car with 17 miles on it...it currently has 505 and I have loved putting ever mile on it.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Blue is ok...............but we all know that black is THE color for the GTO........anyway I did have a minor paint issue that was easily resolved but other than that no problemo

·
Registered
51 Posts
Blue it is. Midnight Blue 6 speed. Bought the car a year ago, and have 9200 miles on it. The only minor problem that I have had is the passenger side pull up lock came off. Doesn't affect the abilty of the car to lock, and it is so minor that I haven't taken it back to the dealer. In fact, since I drove off the dealer's lot, I haven't been back. Do my own oil changes and tire rotation, and that's about it. High performance, and trouble free...a great combination.

·
Registered
104 Posts
2600 miles and no problems.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My BOM GTO has one HUGE problem:mad: It is the skip shift:mad:
Other than that I love the car and have no problems:D
I REALY HATE the skip shift, I can even tolerate the harsh,mushy shifter but I think a short shifter would really make this car even better.

·
Registered
439 Posts
GO-GTO! said:
My BOM GTO has one HUGE problem:mad: It is the skip shift:mad:
Other than that I love the car and have no problems:D
I REALY HATE the skip shift, I can even tolerate the harsh,mushy shifter but I think a short shifter would really make this car even better.
Well they do sell $20 or so kits to get rid of skip shift, or someone who does clusters can program it out. I believe it's just a resistor, but can't say for certain.

·
Registered
33 Posts
purplehaze said:
one huge problem.......... i am in kuwait and it is in texas..... he he sorry i couldn't resist...
I have a similar problem. I'm in Iraq and the GTO is in Florida. :lol: 2005 MBM A4, bought it Feb 2006 with 107 miles and it now has 550 miles on it with no problems. Great car, we love it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
2400 miles and zero problems. The main issue for me is that it seems winter will never go AWAY!!! I've been waiting to get the GTO in the studio for pics, but it's been way too cold.

Once I finish them, I'll load a few on here for you guys. If anyone is interested in our automotive photography services, we'll apply discounts to forum members of course.

:cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
My 05/M6 Torrid Red GTO has 22,000 miles on it and the only thing I've taken it to the dealer for is trouble with the M6. Since I got it back it shifts a lot better and no more trouble's as of yet... What really sucks is that in my current medical condition (broke back) I can't drive it, so it just sits in the garage day in and day out. But I have had numerous friends offer to take care of GTO until I'm better.... Not gonna happen...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.