Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since yesterday, when I lock the car, I get the 5-beeps of the horn. This morning, I realized why...... the driver's door won't lock. :willy: I'm taking it in on Thursday. How long should I expect to wait on the repair to be completed?

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Mine did that when I tried to lock the doors and my wife had the passenger door open. After starting it and trying again to lock the doors (closed) it started working properly.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish that was the case with mine. I didn't have a passenger when it started. I went through the reset procedure, but the driver's lock button won't budge. What's buggin me is it might take weeks/months to repair AND it might rear its ugly head again!

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
You're going to have to get a door lock actuator, starting to see more and more.... the last one we ordered took 7 calendar days. :cheers

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I was lucky, it turned out to be just the lock button. It got stuck, preventing actuation of the mechanism. The mechanic got it working, but ordered parts. At least she's not honking anymore! :party:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts