Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It got here a little faster than I thought. I know what I'm going to do this weekend...

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GTODEALER said:
If you need help just yell at me, I'll be working at the house all weekend! :cheers
I just might. Though I may just put this off for another week or two since I have a "new" 77 Cherokee that I'm doing a few things too. I wasn't planning on getting this exhaust so soon.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Cool! Did you here what I'm doing to my Samurai..... I'm stuffing one of these and a 4L60E into it.....

hehehehe! I start this weekend, I finally got some YJ springs and my spring over kit in so I'll be very busy for the next few weekends! :cheers

G

·
big-mike ,steve is jelous u post more than him

steve cries alot lol by the way steve i agreee with big-mike
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

G

·
GTODEALER said:
700R4....... you mean 4L60E (don't argue they're the same.... I'll smack you!), the Sammy only weighs 1850 lbs. I don't think it's gonna break.

700R4 is the SAME as a 4L60E the only difference being one is electronic and one is mechanical! Dont make me whip out the chilton manual !!!

G

·
1badgto said:
big-mike ,steve is jelous u post more than him

steve cries alot lol by the way steve i agreee with big-mike
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
775 more posts to go. I will have this boy beat before Christmas!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's going to be a cool engine for that Sammy. How are you going to route the exhaust? The frame rails are a little narrow to use stock manifolds. Are you going to raise up the engine above the frame or do a front subframe to clear the exhaust?

Oh, and good call on the 700R4. Great transmssion as long as you don't go with an early model before GM upgraded them.

The question is though, what t-case are you going to use and how are you going to squeeze that into the short wheelbase of your Sammy?

As far as getting my exhaust and rear bumper on, that's going to happen tomorrow. Over the next week and next weekend, I'll be doing the necessary fixes on my Cherokee to get it running. Then a 4" spring lift to clear the tires since they rub a little as it sits now:

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Sweet, I'm gonna use '95 Camaro/Firebird manifolds from a 3.8 for exhaust and believe it or not the stock t-case with Rocky Road gears will survive! It's got a divorced t-case stock and the motor/trans combo is only 3" longer, so the driveshaft that connects the tranny to t-case will be shortened and the others will remain the same :D !

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I love having friends who have access to a rack to do all the work on. I just need to watch my head a little better when I'm walking around under it.

It sounds a lot better. With the factory manifolds, cats and resonaters, it doesn't sound a lot louder than factory. It does have a bit of a drone at about 2K RPMs. But once I get the LTs on, it should sound sweet.

Anyway, here's a few pics:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.