Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
As soon as I receive my Volant, I'll post some pics for ya.

:cool

·
Registered
4 Posts
I installed my volant today.. will see about finding a digi cam for pics.. install took about an hour and there is a seat of the pants difference. Engine winds up a bit better and it looks pretty dang good to boot.
I'm eager to see if there is a mpg difference in the next week.
-GG

·
Registered
456 Posts
GTOooo said:
Any updates Robert or ggarley?

I just installed mine, after buying a correct sized cone filter. The one that came with it had an opening about twice the size it should have been or there was a flang missing. What ever.... It's in now, looks Kickass, sounds great my Goat is a little faster off the line :D It rev's different, better.... Hard to explane. :cool

I'll have pictures in a couple of days (sorry my digital went missing :confused )

·
Registered
456 Posts
Hey Big-L! :seeya:

How did you fit that Gigantic Filter opening onto the MAFS??? :confused

I went down and purchased a different one at PepBoys. The Stock Mass Air Flow Sensor will take a filter with a 3-13/16" opening. That Blue one that comes with it is about +5"....

·
Registered
456 Posts
BIG-L said:
The adapter that the MAF mounts to.

Did you not get this part that is in this picture ?

Yep! I knew it! My kit was missing that BIG BLACK FLANGE!!!:confused

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep! I knew it! My kit was missing that BIG BLACK FLANGE!!!
That part holds the MAF on the top of the flange and the filter mounts on the bottom.

If you bought it new,id bitch.You should have also gotten a parts list.

I really like the Volant,but there inspection of parts going in the box's seems very poor.

I knew of someone that got one,that didnt have the holes drilled in the bottom so it could be mounted,then there are problems with them fitting on the 06's.

Good luck

~Larry~

·
Registered
456 Posts
I finally got Volant on the phone (I'll give out the number for $20 :lol: )

They are sending the correct part today. The distributor got it wrong twice. No big deal though, as long as I GET the part.

All in All I am happy with the way if fits. IMO it looks great! Everything lines up perfect (the MASF did have to be flipped 180). The Car feels more powerful and even sounds better.

If all the parts were there the first time I'd give the volant an A+. :rolleyes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.