Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok yeah this is a pointless thread. But i want everyone to be honest. Who here didnt know what A4 and M6 ment when they were looking at post.

yeah i didnt know and i didnt wanna be dumb and ask haha but well i finally know now

auto 4
manual 6

GO ME :party:

·
Registered
3,765 Posts
Your not the first one but good work on figuring it out!

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
I guess I was one of those kids that ate paste and threw poop at the teacher. When I joined this forum 4 years ago I kept wondering why in the f%ck everybody kept talking about BMWs. (M6)...:willy:

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
Don't feel bad thats just forum lingo;). It's like the texting lingo, OMG, BFF, ect.:rolleyes: I rearly use the whole M6, A4 jumbo, its either T56, 4L65, auto and manual, ect. Mine is a M12, most manufactures and magazines use RPO codes not forum lingo. Because like Dusty said above it can be confused with something else.

·
Former Moderator
3,523 Posts
Don't feel bad thats just forum lingo;). It's like the texting lingo, OMG, BFF, ect.:rolleyes: I rearly use the whole M6, A4 jumbo, its either T56, 4L65, auto and manual, ect. Mine is a M12, most manufactures and magazines use RPO codes not forum lingo. Because like Dusty said above it can be confused with something else.
And I still don't know 95% of texting stuff even tho I have a 13 year old. Maybe it's because I don't text....;)

·
Registered
336 Posts
ha ha i cant even tell you how long it took me to figure out what imho ment or imo i finally figured out what imo ment then another week to figure the h ha ha in my honest opinion.. i think :rolleyes: there is still a lot of stuff that i havent figured out yet ha

·
Registered
505 Posts
I was on the Camaro forums a couple of years ago when I learned what people meant when they said A4 or M6.

·
Registered
336 Posts
since this is a dummy thred what do those mean because all i know is mass air flow and air fuel ratio. ha ha educate me:willy:

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Are you serious thats easy chit. If I posted up Military acronyms it would blow everyones mind.
Or even computer/IT acronyms.....

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
I don't see any guesses/responses so here are mine:

MAF-Mass Air Flow
Hz-Hertz
AFR-Air/Fuel Ratio
LTFT-Long Term Fuel Trim (Could also be Low Temperature Flow Test if you're dealing with diesel fuel/engines)
PE-I only know that as Peformance/Eanings ratio but don't know it's automotive context
KR-Knock Retard
VE-Volumetric Efficinency

·
Premium Member
4,162 Posts
I don't see any guesses/responses so here are mine:

MAF-Mass Air Flow
Hz-Hertz
AFR-Air/Fuel Ratio
LTFT-Long Term Fuel Trim (Could also be Low Temperature Flow Test if you're dealing with diesel fuel/engines)
PE-I only know that as Peformance/Eanings ratio but don't know it's automotive context
KR-Knock Retard
VE-Volumetric Efficinency
PE-Power Enrichment or Gym time;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts