Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple years before I got my 70 I found a 69 setting out in the country. Found out later on it was owned by my uncle 30 years ago. It was the center of a sandwich accident, back is folded up under the gas tank, front is smashed in, when they opened the door to get out the door folded into the fender. Asked the guy what he wants and $5000 was the answer. So today I went back out there in search of a ram air iii block for my 70 because my uncle said he put a motor with good heads in it before he sold it. Did some detective work and found it has 62 heads, yu block couldn't see date code hood won't open all the way, and an aluminum intake that had no casting # or date code just a few bigger numbers by them self scattered. So as far as I can tell the heads are raiii and the intake might be raiv or rav. Thought it was kinda cool I'll never see another raiv intake again and probably not raiii heads either unless I run into some real money.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
yep i have been pricing them (RAIV) for a 70 Judge i am trying to pry loose from a guys shed. OUCH!!!!...almost worth the 5K to buy the whole car. could re-coupe a little from parts or add to your collection...:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If the heads were 1970 12's I would try a little harder to work something out. The block as far as I can tell is junk, the trans is automatic. I can't see past the vertical trunk floor to see what rear end it has. I looked on ebay and a ram air iv intake was $1200 and 62 heads were $500.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts