Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the Goat out his morning on 24. A S2000 appeared in my rear view mirror and passed me. I slowly creaped up beside him and his buddy passenger and asked him if he wanted to go. They nodded so I started my first honk and this guy took off AT ABOUT 75 mph. I tried to say "hey wait" but he kept going. His buddy understood he took off too soon but race was on! I'm a full car length behind when I punch my A4 06' PBM. It feels like slow motion but I reel him in pretty quick and pass him. I'm about 1 1/2 car lengths ahead and he cut his throttle about 110mph. Race over thumbs up and good by.:party: Predictable outcome but fun anyway.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Took the Goat out his morning on 24. A S2000 appeared in my rear view mirror and passed me. I slowly creaped up beside him and his buddy passenger and asked him if he wanted to go. They nodded so I started my first honk and this guy took off AT ABOUT 75 mph. I tried to say "hey wait" but he kept going. His buddy understood he took off too soon but race was on! I'm a full car length behind when I punch my A4 06' PBM. It feels like slow motion but I reel him in pretty quick and pass him. I'm about 1 1/2 car lengths ahead and he cut his throttle about 110mph. Race over thumbs up and good by.:party: Predictable outcome but fun anyway.
COOl KILL, I was wondering about them cars. A neighbor has somebody that visits him once in a while in one of those. Its blue with convertible top. He drives around like **** diesel. How close would it be from a dead start race you think instead of a roll?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
COOl KILL, I was wondering about them cars. A neighbor has somebody that visits him once in a while in one of those. Its blue with convertible top. He drives around like **** diesel. How close would it be from a dead start race you think instead of a roll?

1/4 Mile ET: 13.974
1/4 Mile MPH: 99.860
1/8 Mile ET: 9.062
1/8 Mile MPH: 79.600
0-60 Foot ET: 2.250
Temperature F: 65.0
Timeslip Scan:
Car Make: Honda
Car Model: S2000
Car Type:
Car Year: 2006 Engine Type In-Line 4-Cylinder
Engine Block/Cylinder Head Aluminum-Alloy
Fiber-Reinforced Metal (FRM) Cylinder Walls Standard
Displacement (cc) 2157
Horsepower @ rpm (SAE net) 237 @ 7800
Torque (lb.-ft. @ rpm) 162 @ 6800
Redline (rpm) 8000
Bore and Stroke (mm) 87.0 x 90.7
Compression Ratio 11.1:1
Valve Train 16-Valve DOHC VTEC®
Multi-Point Fuel Injection Standard
Drive-by-Wire™ throttle system Standard
Rear-Wheel Drive Standard
CARB Emissions Rating LEV-2
Direct Ignition System with Immobilizer Standard
100K +/- Miles No Scheduled Tune-Ups* Standard

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
MMM pretty quick little toys!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He knew that was the only way he was going to get anything on you was by jumping.....prolly is still telling his buddies he 'had you till he let off' . :lol:

His body knows what happened. He gave me a thumbs up as I was pulling him. He also put his hands up when the driver jumped early. They were pretty cool in defeat.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You'd have no problem with them. Back when my '04 A4 was stock and heat soaked I pulled away from a co-worker's S2000 at 80+ with no problem. Unless he has FI you'd be wasting your gas especially with an LS2.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
I guess were all a bunch of gas stompers according to you know who.
Ya god darn right we are!!!! And I am not gonna let any little jap car spoil my fun either.....cuz I'll stop the gas right past his ass!!!! WoooooHOOOOOO baby....bring on that POS S20000000000000:willy:

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Ill drive it like I stole it. Oh, and I do have some driving expeirence, Camden County Police academy, Richard Petty Driving Experience, and over fifteen years of all types of driving conditions in a FORD CROWN VICTORIA POLICE INTERCEPTOR AND DODGE DURANGOS BABY!!!! A FEW CHASES TO BOOT BROTHER!!!!!

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
OH, DID I MENTION THE ONE WRECK......SALTY/SANDY PARKING LOT SHE GOT AWAY FROM ME SQUEEZING IN BETWEEN TWO BUILDINGS...ASS END GOT CRAZY AND "WITHOUT BRAKING" SMACKED THE SIDE OF A BANK....ONLY $5,000.00 DAMAGE TO THE OLE CROWN VICTORIA:lol:

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Not Really High Speeds But Going Fast Around A Small Town At Night Is Like Driving A Road Course....had My Share Back In The Earlier Days...pursuit Policies Have Changed To Make Them Almost Extinct These Days.....flying Through Alleys, Over Train Tracks, Fields, Small Streets And Alleys....ive Had Some Pretty Good Ones....

Two Nights Ago I Pulled A Kid Out Of A Car Having A $81.00 Traffic Warrant And Ended Up Finding Some Drugs And A Loaded .22 Cal With Hollow Point Ammo In His Pockets...we Live In A World Of Sh%$!!!!

·
Banned
1,196 Posts
...pursuit Policies Have Changed To Make Them Almost Extinct These Days
As they should be.

You've got radios, helicopters, lots of cruisers, and an increasing number of cameras. No car or bike is gonna outrun that for long. Why put yourself and others at risk?

The way the CA cops handled OJ was the right way. Let the guy keep moving but don't panic him. Sooner or later he runs out of gas or road or the will to resist.

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Turn off all caps please...Hurts my ear's...:willy::willy::willy:

OH, DID I MENTION THE ONE WRECK......SALTY/SANDY PARKING LOT SHE GOT AWAY FROM ME SQUEEZING IN BETWEEN TWO BUILDINGS...ASS END GOT CRAZY AND "WITHOUT BRAKING" SMACKED THE SIDE OF A BANK....ONLY $5,000.00 DAMAGE TO THE OLE CROWN VICTORIA:lol:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Oh - my buddy is back. Coolest Cat in the world...:) 3 legs and one bad Tude...You want a piece of me...:mad:

As they should be.

You've got radios, helicopters, lots of cruisers, and an increasing number of cameras. No car or bike is gonna outrun that for long. Why put yourself and others at risk?

The way the CA cops handled OJ was the right way. Let the guy keep moving but don't panic him. Sooner or later he runs out of gas or road or the will to resist.

·
formerly NJGoat
1,844 Posts
Only if a suspect is wanted for killing someone/bank robbery/ or driving in a manner which is reckless other than "just running from the police " in which others may be harmed or killed and a pursuit is justified. There is always loop holes....and certain policies can be read and interpretated many differnt ways...But mostly it depends on the situation and circumstances......

1 - 20 of 20 Posts