Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would share a couple pictures from the A.E. Golden Pontiac show in Reading Pa. on Sunday. They had Jim Wangers & Dave Anderson there as guest .
Jim had a great presentation on the history of how the name "Wide-track Pontiac" came about.
Afterwards Jim was nice enough to sign a couple of our cars !
Here are a few pics of Jim signing my car & one with a few members of The SVGTOTigers club with Jim.
I was a pretty neat day for sure!

Brent

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
:party: Brent!!!

For the man who was responsible for the Judge to sign it, it's is the icing on the cake.

I wish everyone could see this car, you'd be hard pressed to find many others as done as well as this one. It's a crowd pleaser and multiple award winning car.
AWESOME!!

·
Registered
681 Posts
Congrats Brent!
What an awesome addition to an awesome car!

mac

·
Registered
9 Posts
In the fourth picture if you look closely you can see a blue 68. It seems to be overshadowed by this Judge. :rofl: :lol:! Seriously, this was a great day and hearing Jim tell his stories about the first Judge prototype to Brent was great. (I believe they used a limelight green 69 and painted it Orange) What a great show!!! :cool

Andy
SVGTO Treasurer

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
In the fourth picture if you look closely you can see a blue 68. It seems to be overshadowed by this Judge. :rofl: :lol:! Seriously, this was a great day and hearing Jim tell his stories about the first Judge prototype to Brent was great. (I believe they used a limelight green 69 and painted it Orange) What a great show!!! :cool

Andy
SVGTO Treasurer
In all the stories I've heard from people who have met Jim Wangers, he always comes across as a decent guy who simply loves Pontiacs, like most of us. Someday, I've got to get him to sign my car..........

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
I've never met Jim Wangers, but I'd like to. He is a true American Icon, and has played a huge part in the developement and marketing of great high performance Pontiacs. A drag racer, a consultant, a marketing expert, and a gearhead's gearhead, he is living, breathing history. I have a friend who met him at a Pontiac event about 18 years ago, and same thing: the man is the real deal. I don't have a Judge, but he could sign my '65 or my '67 any time!!
Jeff

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Andy
SVGTO Treasurer
Hey Andy, Heres a picture of that blue 68 overshadowing a sweet new G8. :lol:
Whats up with that!:D
btw Did you polish your fanbelts yet. I heard they were taking points off for faded fanbelts @ that show!
Just kidding Andy
Brent

Attachments

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey Andy, Heres a picture of that blue 68 overshadowing a sweet new G8. :lol:
Whats up with that!:D
btw Did you polish your fanbelts yet. I heard they were taking points off for faded fanbelts @ that show!
Just kidding Andy
Brent
:rofl: Just goes to show that Pontiac style and performance is still going strong 40 years later! :D

mac

1 - 11 of 11 Posts