Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Hand Wash Or Car Wash GTO?

9K views 31 replies 12 participants last post by  djdub 
westell said:
zaino

so far, two coats of zaino.

never, never, through the car wash
My GTO is my first new car in a long, long time, so I hadn't kept up on all of the finish care products. After reading some other boards, I decided on the Zaino Brothers' products. Not having used the other high-end products, I have no basis for comparison, but Zaino is fantastic! It was a lot of work, but I'm glad I did it.

If you order from them, consider the bundled packages. You'll save money and avoid delays you will otherwise have when you realize you shoulda bought all the stuff and have to re-order.

Oh yeah -- No car washes.

capra2d said:
My GTO is my first new car in a long, long time, so I hadn't kept up on all of the finish care products. After reading some other boards, I decided on the Zaino Brothers' products. Not having used the other high-end products, I have no basis for comparison, but Zaino is fantastic! It was a lot of work, but I'm glad I did it.

If you order from them, consider the bundled packages. You'll save money and avoid delays you will otherwise have when you realize you shoulda bought all the stuff and have to re-order.

Oh yeah -- No car washes.
Having read comments by fellow Goat-owners in other parts of the U.S., please allow me to qualify my "No car washes" edict.

Easy for me to say . . . living here in Phoenix. Shoot, there are times in January and February when the thermometer "plunges" to +40 deg. that I don't care to hand wash my car -- and I don't have the salt issue to deal with, either. When caring becomes slaving over the car, it's time for a reality check.

LarryM, you got it right!!!
:cheers

rollins215 said:
Well, I received all my Zaino stuff on Tuesday and did the complete prescribed regimen yesterday. Wash with Dawn, then claybar, then wash with Z7, then applied Z1 polish lok, then a layer of Z5 anti-swirl polish, then a coat of Z6 after removing the Z5. Of course I can barely move today after all that, but let me tell you...it was worth it! I can't believe how amazing the car looks after even just one coat of polish, all my swirls are completely gone! I can't recommend this stuff highly enough, thanks guys for turning me on to it! There's some very poor pictures of my car that I took last night on the "Racing Stripes" thread if anyone is interested. You can kind of see the nice reflective, glass-like finish on it.

I plan to put on another layer of Z5, then 2 layers of Z2 before the end of the month. I think I'll be ready for winter then. :)
Hi, Rollins215. My name's Ken. I'm a Zainoholic.

:agree

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.