Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Premium Member
Wishing all the gang A happy thanksgiving, eat a lot gives thanks to being good people and do eat too much! And Old. Man Taylor please start posting again we miss you and hope you鈥檙e doing 馃憤
I was just thinking that same thing this morning, it's been a long drought for him hope everything is alright.

Registered
1967 400/400
Wishing all the gang A happy thanksgiving, eat a lot gives thanks to being good people and do eat too much! And Old. Man Taylor please start posting again we miss you and hope you鈥檙e doing 馃憤
Funny that you mention OMT. I texted him yesterday and he responded that all is well. His mom passed (hope he doesnt mind me mentioning it), so he has been busy with life and family.

Registered
1967 400/400
Was going to post this in another thread, but maybe here it'll get seen and appreciated more.

Last winter I finally got my 67 GTO back and on the road. It had been neglected and worked on by Bubba.

I have to work on it outside, in Jersey winter. I get home at 4pm, it gets dark at 430pm... So I spent 4 months working on it in the dark, sometimes when the temp was in the single digits. The cam had a 4/7, which I was unaware of, and I had multiple dizzy issues, which were compounded by my lack of knowledge and some other mechanical issues.

Getting the car running at all was a feat, and keeping it running was an impossibility. 4 months later, I got it running predictably, worked out the rest of the bugs, and then cruised it all summer. The performance is that of a 78 Toyota with a missing spark plug wire, so on Sunday, I finally ripped it apart and pulled that 4/7 cam.

After 3 days of sand blasting, painting, and reassembling, last night I started the car with the new cam, and it fired up within seconds.

I have no idea (yet) whether or not I improved/ solved my performance woes, but merely doing all of this and getting it to run again, was something to be seriously thankful for.

OMT calling me from Cali, Lemans Guy calling me from Tenn, PJ messaging me from outer space, and Bear chiming in in all of my threads, took me from barely knowing how to gap spark plugs, to building a custom dizzy and doing a cam swap. So, regardless of whether or not my car does what I want it to, I'm very grateful for the forum, and everyone who has offered knowledg and friendship. I hope that I've helped at least a few of you acheive your goals as well...

Whenever you need anything, you can count on me to show you how "not to do it". Happy Thanksgiving, all.

Registered
Happy holidays as well folks. I'll second what was said above. The knowledge shared on this site is fantastic! I'm thankful to all who helped me with advice, moral support, kind words, and/or just a thumbs up during my build this year. Especially during my mini melt down during my first start up in September. You guys walked me away from the edge on that one (shout out to Darrin at Nitemare for his help too). My original plan was to drive my LeMans to the family meal but it looks like we could get our first snow mid week which will force store it until the spring.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Premium Member
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone, hope you're able to be with loved ones and enjoy a good meal. I'm thankful that after giving up my love of Pontiacs for other life experiences for thirty years I was fortunate to be able to get back into it and love this hobby so much even if it's very expensive ( couldn't have fallen for a Chevy when I opened up the auto trader at 15 years old no it had to be a Pontiac) but I love being different. I don't have many friends and even less into cars, ones a Ford guy to bad馃槈 and I'm not on Fakebook or any other media's so this site is my connection with the outside world of cars. I'm so thankful for everyone's help, opinions, stories that I've become addicted I just wish I would have found this site when I got the car which will be 5 years on December 24th and boy it's amazing to look back at the pictures and how much I've changed her.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood
Automotive lighting Hood Grille Motor vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Steering part Plant Window
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive tire
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering part

Whenever I need help I come here first instead of Google and always get the right answers, thanks again to everyone here I couldn't do it without you 馃憤

Registered
Happy Thanks giving everyone!...hope you all are full and about to pop! Here's a Thanks GIving vent window I assembled today before the festivities started. Nothing like a day off to squeeze in a bit of work on the project. I'm thankful for decent original parts that can be shined up...
Hood Automotive lighting Material property Bumper Automotive exterior

Registered
Was going to post this in another thread, but maybe here it'll get seen and appreciated more.

Last winter I finally got my 67 GTO back and on the road. It had been neglected and worked on by Bubba.

I have to work on it outside, in Jersey winter. I get home at 4pm, it gets dark at 430pm... So I spent 4 months working on it in the dark, sometimes when the temp was in the single digits. The cam had a 4/7, which I was unaware of, and I had multiple dizzy issues, which were compounded by my lack of knowledge and some other mechanical issues.

Getting the car running at all was a feat, and keeping it running was an impossibility. 4 months later, I got it running predictably, worked out the rest of the bugs, and then cruised it all summer. The performance is that of a 78 Toyota with a missing spark plug wire, so on Sunday, I finally ripped it apart and pulled that 4/7 cam.

After 3 days of sand blasting, painting, and reassembling, last night I started the car with the new cam, and it fired up within seconds.

I have no idea (yet) whether or not I improved/ solved my performance woes, but merely doing all of this and getting it to run again, was something to be seriously thankful for.

OMT calling me from Cali, Lemans Guy calling me from Tenn, PJ messaging me from outer space, and Bear chiming in in all of my threads, took me from barely knowing how to gap spark plugs, to building a custom dizzy and doing a cam swap. So, regardless of whether or not my car does what I want it to, I'm very grateful for the forum, and everyone who has offered knowledg and friendship. I hope that I've helped at least a few of you acheive your goals as well...

Whenever you need anything, you can count on me to show you how "not to do it". Happy Thanksgiving, all.
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I SECOND the thanks, for everyone's willingness to help on the forum, along with all the laughs lol. And our thoughts are with you and your family OMT. Army, we have all been there...thats where we got our experience;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts