Pontiac GTO Forum banner

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

2K views 52 replies 27 participants last post by  PontiacManiac09 
#1 ·
Since I would probably forget tomorrow here's wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving ! I hope everyone gets to spend some time with family or friends... of course I know that can be a double edged sword ;)....and I hope you get some windshield time in or some wrenching time also. I'm thankful for all the family and health and the usual BS but I'm also thankful for all the help and camaraderie from everyone here, today is the day in 2017 I found my 461 motor on eBay so I'm thankful for that and that I haven't blown it up yet :ROFLMAO:

#4 ·
Since I would probably forget tomorrow here's wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving ! I hope everyone gets to spend some time with family or friends... of course I know that can be a double edged sword ;)....and I hope you get some windshield time in or some wrenching time also. I'm thankful for all the family and health and the usual BS but I'm also thankful for all the help and camaraderie from everyone here, today is the day in 2017 I found my 461 motor on eBay so I'm thankful for that and that I haven't blown it up yet :ROFLMAO:
Happy Turkey day from Tennessee

#3 ·
You too my friend. Funny thing is in years past the family dynamic aspect used to bother me about holidays. The difficulties the world saw over the past few years, coupled with declining health of older family members, has made me appreciate the time with them much more than before. This year my wife and I are hosting Thanksgiving at our house which makes this an unusual year. This is only the second Thanksgiving we have hosted in the 23 years we have been married. The weather forecast for tomorrow here is very nice for New England in late November so I am doing the turkey outside on the bbq pit. I'll post pictures of that tomorrow if it turns out good, or I'll forget I ever mentioned this if it doesn't.

(expect pictures, my turkey always turns out excellent)

Have a great day guys and girls!

#5 ·
Happy Turkey Day! And, have a good long weekend.

I pulled today off work and it marks the last time my trunk patch panels will be put in and out and in and out...for the last time. I think they finally fit right with all the other patches, bits, and pieces. I'm going to miss standing up through the holes where they go.

Anyhow, don't eat and drink too much (yeah right!)...and get some car time in!

#19 ·
Happy Thanksgiving!! On a side note. Here is an update on my ride. Successfully rebuilt the Quadrajet and changed most of the fluids. Went through the brakes and put on some refreshed wheels and new tires. Successfully ran a test drive and went through all the gears down the alley. Can't really give it a real test drive on the street because I couldn't get insurance for it yet. Waiting for the darn insurance agent to quote me but it looks like I won't get an answer until after gobble-gobble day. Hope everyone enjoys the holiday feast and gets their bellies filled.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

#25 ·
Happy Thanksgiving to all!

I too have a lot to be thankful for. As some of you know, I've been in Salem Oregon for the last three months. I'm happy to say my sister has recovered from her accident well enough to live on her own and I'll be heading home to San Diego to resume work on my 68 GTO.
But I'm about 90% finished with my camper van conversion which kept me busy when not helping my sister. My first attempt exercising my carpentry skills lol.

Vehicle Land vehicle Motor vehicle Van Truck
Property Gas stove Table Interior design Cooktop
Wood Wood stain Hardwood Automotive exterior Rectangle
Wood Flooring Wood stain Hardwood Tints and shades

#42 ·
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone! Neat thread that has come around...last year's post, I talked about the trunk patch panels going in and a year later the primer'd shell is on a full-suspended frame...this last year has brought us a ways down the road!

I'm planning on getting some family time in and a couple days of shop-time (gotta work a little too)...(y)