Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me how to get the Harmonic Balancer bolt loose? Right or left hand threads? Any suggestions like torch,cheater bars. I tried an impact both directions and it won't loosen. Thanks!

·
Registered
855 Posts
Is the engine turning with you might have to pull the pulleys then put pulleys bolts back in and a cross brace on them to stop that. It's just standard threads, right on left off..

·
64-67 Expert
8,569 Posts
You can wedge the breaker bar against the ground and hit the starter really quickly. It'll break loose easily. Not real professional, but it will work...

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG!!!!!! I put a long cheater bar on the bolt and put it near the ground. Then I hit the starter and the cheater bar rotated around and tore thru my new GTO hood. ^*#@$&#**!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Man!!!!!!!!! I just about died writing that. LMAO! Sorry couldn't resist.Thanks for your suggestions guys.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I blocked the crankshaft from turning and used a 5 ft cheater. Worked great!
Thanks!

·
Registered
855 Posts
OMG!!!!!! I put a long cheater bar on the bolt and put it near the ground. Then I hit the starter and the cheater bar rotated around and tore thru my new GTO hood. ^*#@$&#**!
You're having to much FUN!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the update good to hear you got her done!!!!!!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts