Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone raced a...

1. bmw M3

2. wrx sexually transmitted infection(sti)

3. mitsu evo

Ive cruised along with a few m3s on the freeways(they are beautiful but I think Ive got them on the freeway)

Id love to hear about how people have done against any of these cars, I still think I can take a sti from stop light to stop light, am I wrong? would I get torn a new one?

·
Super Moderator
2,640 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
I still think I can take a sti from stop light to stop light, am I wrong? would I get torn a new one?
Well I guess that depends on how much distance is between stop lights. The closer the distance... advantage STi. The farther the distance... advantage goat.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I raced an EVO from a 35 mph roll, it was fairly dead even to 60mph, I started to slightly pull but he could of let off earlier.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Got em all.......the STi, put up the best fight out of the bunch, evo driver must have really liked the stick he was drivin because i think he was sitting on it rather than shifting with it. HAHA :willy:

·
Registered
202 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
did you have any mods on your car at the time toolman?
Heavy foot is all. I am going to keep it stock, maybe a cai and a catback when the oem wears out in 5 years.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Took the STi...

I had the opportunity to come accross an STi on the freeway. For awhile we were stuck in traffic but he definetly wanted a little action. This STi did have some slight modes that I could tell, but not too sure what exactly, except for an aftermarket front mount intercooler and blowoff valve...f**ker was loud! I was directly behind him until we got to some open highway and we both went for it. I was on his ass and had to shoot pass him on the right to avoid running him over. I slowed to about 65 in 3rd and he pulled along side and said that he missed a shift and that he wanted another run. We gave each other a nod and went for it a second time from a rolling 65. I thought I'd pull on him pretty hard but he did kind of stay in there for a while. As I started to max out 5th he started to fall back, and as I got into 6th he was a distant memory...I was in the low 140's and he was about 6 car lengths back when I shut it down :rofl: ...it was pointless to continue :willy: ...but he did...go figure! I let him go on his way with a little a$$ spanking. :party:
Be careful with these cars on the short runs and in traffic...I believe they are suppose to run a flat 5's, 0-60 bone stock and they handle much better than our top heavy goats...with a little work on these cars you may want to stay clear.

·
Registered
937 Posts
GTO4ART said:
I had the opportunity to come accross an STi on the freeway. For awhile we were stuck in traffic but he definetly wanted a little action. This STi did have some slight modes that I could tell, but not too sure what exactly, except for an aftermarket front mount intercooler and blowoff valve...f**ker was loud! I was directly behind him until we got to some open highway and we both went for it. I was on his ass and had to shoot pass him on the right to avoid running him over. I slowed to about 65 in 3rd and he pulled along side and said that he missed a shift and that he wanted another run. We gave each other a nod and went for it a second time from a rolling 65. I thought I'd pull on him pretty hard but he did kind of stay in there for a while. As I started to max out 5th he started to fall back, and as I got into 6th he was a distant memory...I was in the low 140's and he was about 6 car lengths back when I shut it down :rofl: ...it was pointless to continue :willy: ...but he did...go figure! I let him go on his way with a little a$$ spanking. :party:
Be careful with these cars on the short runs and in traffic...I believe they are suppose to run a flat 5's, 0-60 bone stock and they handle much better than our top heavy goats...with a little work on these cars you may want to stay clear.
Awesome win! I'm not too worried about the stock STi's in my LS2 as far as raw acceleration. I had to show an older guy driving a Camero SS what the LS2 had in store for him. He had a nice exhaust system but it didnt help him much. He turned right onto a big 3 lane road, I turned behind him. By the time I hit 70 I was in front of him, by 110 he gave up. He was a good sport with a laugh and a wave. Maybe he will be a GTO owner in the near future!

·
Registered
144 Posts
From a dead stop, its tough to beat an Sti for the first couple of hundred feet with its AWD. Theres a video of an Sti racing a 500rwhp vette (he didn't know what the vette had). The Sti jumped out ahead of the vette for about 3 seconds and then the vette passed him like a freight train.

The flip side to that is after a few of those high rpm clutch dumps to get the AWD going, the Sti will need a trip to the transmission shop for a new clutch.

·
Registered
29 Posts
m12 is the code on the engine plate.... took me a while to figure out why they would do this.... i think it might be the tranny code or something... got me..... but i have gotten a M3 up here in chicago before...... though he was a smartass with his Gf in the car..... till he got killed from 40 going up to about 125...... had around 6 cars lengths on him.... could hear his engine roaring trying to catch up....... but no luck.... now that is with my big ass in the car and my gf in the passenger seat....... holding a cake..... man was she [email protected] oh well!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I raced an E36 M3 on the New Jersey Turnpike last week. He passed me when i was just cruising down the road so I followed him around traffic on the inside. He took the inside lane and nailed it and i followed suit on the outside lane (three lane highway if i remember correctly). M3 didnt have a chance. In 5th gear at about 90 I gave it full throttle and I blew by him in a matter of seconds. Not bad since I was following him at about 5 car lengths before. A newer M3 might be more interesting, or my dad's 03 M5...but i dont think I can get him to race me :D

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A few weeks ago my buddy traded in his 99 maro ss for a 02 convertable z28. The second week he had the z28 he was matched up with an evo at a light and took it by about a car or two. I believe they raced to about 70 or so. All I can say is... DANG!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
StocktonRaider said:
Has anyone raced a...

1. bmw M3

2. wrx sexually transmitted infection(sti)

3. mitsu evo

Id love to hear about how people have done against any of these cars, I still think I can take a sti from stop light to stop light, am I wrong? would I get torn a new one?
Here's a site to check out the Sti VS EVO :cheers http://www.sportcompactcarweb.com/features/0307scc_stievo/....Red Light Stats..EVO 5.3 seconds,Sti 4.9....QM...EVO 13.4 seconds...Sti 13.1...These numbers provided by :rolleyes: a sport compact site,So according to these Duff Fluffers your not in any danger of tearing :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts