Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all just picked up my new GTO today i eventually am upgradeing to hid's in both the head and fog lites but i wanted to know what number bulbs are in the head and fog lites.thanx

·
Registered
265 Posts
The High beams are H9's, the low and fog lamps are both H11's.

I have a site that sells all sorts of "off road" replacement bulbs, but forgot to grab the paper with my note. This should get you started tho...

---Larry

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
great thanx Larry yea it looks like im gonna have to get the bulbs online the local speed shop i got to doesnt carry them yet they are a fairly new type of bulb but i did fine a site that has em but if u can forward me the site eventually that would be great....thanks again

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
also i dont understand why GM makes it so dam hard 2 get to the headlite bulbs i used to have a 96 Blazer and same deal very hard to get the the bulbs to pull them out. where on my acura that i also have now its very easy as well as others cars of people that i know changin the bulbs were very easy.....

·
Registered
265 Posts
Possible HID kit ?

There's a site: www.hioutputbulbs.com that sells both HID kits -and- hi-wattage, replacement bulbs, for, um... off road use only. Ya. The prices are pretty decent compared to what I saw in Murray's this afternoon.

Note: The HID kit page says it fits most cars. But then again, he does not have any H9 or H11 bulbs. The price is pretty stiff for these.

---Larry

·
Registered
590 Posts
don't know if Sylvania has 'em out yet, but I put the Silverstars on my '02 SS Camaro and they were great, imo

rather than pay the bucks for HID's, that's want I want on the GTO :)

·
Registered
265 Posts
You ought to see the bulbs this guy has. He has 'em that are about double the normal wattage. They are freakin' bright!

---Larry

·
Registered
49 Posts
no one has the h-11 for the lights or fog lights. i would like more brighter lights myself but dont want to change the harness and those xenon are ****

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
BLUSHIRT35 said:
no one has the h-11 for the lights or fog lights. i would like more brighter lights myself but dont want to change the harness and those xenon are ****
actually midnightmoose.com has them

1 - 9 of 9 Posts