Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all well i just tried installing my headers yesterday and i could not get um in at all. I disconnected the rack and pulled it down and way out of the way and i also pulled that little bracket to the left of the driver and there still was no feesable way to get it in. From the top or bottom. I have an 2006 with 2005 stainless works headers, if anyone could give me any pointers please do.

·
Registered
255 Posts
you need to disassemble the stearing knuckle as well, then it will slide right in. The Passenger side is real easy, I lossened the ABS control box and that side slide in from the top without a hitch.

Good Luck,

Chris

·
Registered
255 Posts
On the drivers side? discconcet the stearing knuckle and go up through the bottom, and drop the rack as well. Should slide right in.

Steve (Radio) sold me mine and explained the same procedure, had no problems at all, just take your time. Took me about 4 hours with a lift and trying to find short cuts, there are none...

Good luck,

Chris

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool, thanks for the tips man. Hopefully everything runs smoothly, i even bought a new set of 02's so i dont have to dick with um. We kinda ****ed up the old ones "just the nut" so those prob wont come off! lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.