Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I'm new to the site but I have really enjoyed all the information and pictures that I have been able to read and look at already. Well I have a question that I am hoping you can give me some advice on. My dad owns a 66 Lemans that we just finished rebuilding the Pontiac 400 that was in the car when he bought it. Well we just put the engine back in the car and we are now thinking about putting headers on it instead of the old manifolds. My question is what are the best headers for this set up? I didn't know if anyone has great header that has worked for them or one that was a waist of money. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
5,146 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

I installed a set of Hooker Ceramic Coated Headers on my 67 almost 2 years ago and have had no problems. They look as good today as the day they were installed. I did have minor problems with the bolt hole allignment and had to use a dremel to grind some of the welds.

Good luck,

·
Premium Member
779 Posts
Welcome to the forum,

I installed a set of Hooker Ceramic Coated Headers on my 67 almost 2 years ago and have had no problems. They look as good today as the day they were installed. I did have minor problems with the bolt hole allignment and had to use a dremel to grind some of the welds.

Good luck,
:agreeDitto for me in my '67 GTO with a 400 cubic inch engine.

·
Premium Member
4,705 Posts
I had a couple sets of headers on my 66 years back. HOOKER was the best. I have HEARD that Doug's are good also. I would definately go with a ceramic coated product. Eric

·
Registered
244 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts