Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone had a problem with their headlamps fogging up? .... ever since I bought the car I never had that problem and I have washed the car and driven in the rain many times with no problems..

I had a race shop drop suspention in my ride recently and I think the beamseal broke when the frame flexed when they put my ride on their lift... not sure tho ...

I washed the car about 4:30pm and immediatly after the wash about 5:00pm the headlamp fogged... Its only the left side tho .. the right side beam is fine... :willy: ...

I used a hair dryer and blew out all the moisture ...but kinda dont wanna be doing that everytime it rains hard or I wash my car LMFAO... :willy: :party:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Putting car on lift isn't going to flex the unitized structure. As stated above ya have a leak that is allowing moisture to get in. Check frt lens to make sure ya didnt get a chip or crack from another car kicking up a pebble or small stone. To remove the lamp you're going to have to drop the frt. cover , if needed. It's not difficult.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
johnebgoode said:
Putting car on lift isn't going to flex the unitized structure. As stated above ya have a leak that is allowing moisture to get in. Check frt lens to make sure ya didnt get a chip or crack from another car kicking up a pebble or small stone. To remove the lamp you're going to have to drop the frt. cover , if needed. It's not difficult.
I inspected the lamp and theres no sign of cracks/chips/or openings.. my best guess is the initial lamp seal from the front cover and the housing is defective or like I said the lamp was under some pressure somehow and the bead is faulty...

I called the dealer and they said to bring the car in that it would be covered in the warrenty ... I just dont want to really wait 3-4 days to get my car back just for a headlamp LOL... :willy: :party:

·
Registered
910 Posts
Vedli said:
I inspected the lamp and theres no sign of cracks/chips/or openings.. my best guess is the initial lamp seal from the front cover and the housing is defective or like I said the lamp was under some pressure somehow and the bead is faulty...

I called the dealer and they said to bring the car in that it would be covered in the warrenty ... I just dont want to really wait 3-4 days to get my car back just for a headlamp LOL... :willy: :party:
Tell them to order it and call you when it comes in.... :cool

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ill do that .. also im gonna make sure the mechanic is ready when I get down there .. I gonna HAWK over the garage like buzzards flying over their next meal in the desert and make sure its done in one day .. LOL :willy: :party:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.