Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to change my headlight switch in my 66 Lemans. No dash lights or front parking light so I figured this was a good place to start. The problem I'm having is I can't get the knob to pull out and yes I've pushed the release button nut no luck. Any ideas? I ordered a new knob in case I have to cut it off but it won't get here for another week.

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Push the little release button down and hold it down. Rotate the knob a little back and forth, in/out, or wiggle it up/down slightly and sometimes this will get it to release.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Push the little release button down and hold it down. Rotate the knob a little back and forth, in/out, or wiggle it up/down slightly and sometimes this will get it to release.
Try pulling the knob out one position (Parking lights)
Then push in the release button and then pull all the way out.
This^^^
It's definitely an "angle of the dangle" situation. They stick and fiddling around is what gets them. Carefully hit the button with a little super spray lube (Thrust is the best ever made). Push the button a bunch of times to work it down in.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Recently I had to pull mine off for a dash insert. I pushed in the button and really had to yank hard and twist on it. Worked fine after.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts