Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
why cant Mr. Rogers be president? We need more of these guys in congress!!!

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
This whole health care debacle is MORE than health care. There are other parts of legislative transformations in this than many know or care to educate themselves on. MANY don't understand this.
Many don't know that if they choose NOT to have health care coverage they are subject to a fine from the FEDS and possible jail time. Anyone who has heard this from the state run media raise your hand.

This is in it > "Meanwhile, a tax equal to 2.5% of adjusted gross income will also be imposed on some 18 million people who CBO expects still won't buy insurance in 2019. Democrats could make this penalty even higher, but that is politically unacceptable, or they could make the subsidies even higher, but that would expose the (already ludicrous) illusion that ObamaCare will reduce the deficit."

The FEDS will ONLY levy an 8% fine (penalty) on business who now afford their employees health care coverage. MOST pay 12% and over. It would be cheaper to eliminate their health care and pay the 8% penalty and pocket the savings. This will drive millions into the government run system thus eliminating competition from the private sector. One day President says he wants a single payer system the next he says he doesn't. He is on record preaching over and over he wants a single payer system.

I've talked to 2 surgeons here locally and both say the same... if this passes there will be long waits for surgeries. One surgeon provides bariatric services he says for for elective surgeries patients can expect to wait YEARS for a surgery now that can be scheduled almost immediately depending on their insurance requirements. The other is my wife's orthopedic surgeon he tells me if a patients needs an operation they will have to wait.

I've talked to others in the medical field and have not come across one nurse or doctor who is all for this. The topic of money has not come up either its the care they are worried about. Their hands will be tied with bureaucracy. I am wondering just who are these people in white coats that show up for the dog and pony shows but on by TVbama.

The public discord with this whole process is growing yet it looks likely reconciliation will force this on everyone. I asked my wifes employer's HR manager at a Christmas party if this passes will they still carry the employees as usual or will they drop their plan and force everyone into the public system. She's not allowed to answer the question. She already did.

The health care overhaul that is needed was gone about it all wrong. The underlying reason is control. Auto Industry, banking industry, cap and trade, health care.... whats next?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
The thing that gets me the most is the proposed healthcare bill does nothing to correct most of the problems we have.

No tort reform. The trial lawyers make more money from healthcare lawsuits than the insurance companies or the pharmacuetical companies. But there isn't any tort reform. They give too much money to the Democrats. Oh wait, Obama proposed an addition to his plan that will trim about 50 million in costs by enacting limited tort reform.

The way it reduces costs is to limit coverage. No more mamograms and prostate screenings till you're over fifty. By then it's too late.

We reduce the money spent on experimental drugs. Goodbye inovation.

This bill is political payback to the Obama supporters and an attack on the freedom of the American people.

·
Banned
2,777 Posts
Forcing me to participate in a public healthcare system would be a gross violation of my 1st, 4th, 5th, 9th, and 10th amendment rights. Therefore, being constitutionally illegal, I have every right as a true American to not participate in the program, deny payment of fines, and whip out my M1-A when the goons come and tell me its time I go see the doctor...

·
Super Moderator
8,433 Posts
Forcing me to participate in a public healthcare system would be a gross violation of my 1st, 4th, 5th, 9th, and 10th amendment rights. Therefore, being constitutionally illegal, I have every right as a true American to not participate in the program, deny payment of fines, and whip out my M1-A when the goons come and tell me its time I go see the doctor...
One of the clandestine laws to force you into this is a hidden law to change that right that they will seek. Recall the pledge to "fundamentally change the United States of America?" This is part of it. Radical Supreme Court Justice nominations... they have the power to amend the constitution. The votes needed to do this from congressmen? Kick backs, payoffs, and threats, arm twisting etc. the things that are going on behind the scenes now. That very right we enjoy now is part of the fight against this package. You cannot sue the government. If this all goes through you can fight it with every last breath you have in court and possibly in jail where you may end up as part of the penalty. Sad isn't it?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Poncho, I have an AR-15 and a few other toys. If they come for you I'll gladly stand with you.

Our founders feared government. The 2nd ammendment is the reset button on the Constitution. The whole Bill of Rights is a negative bill if you believe in government. It tells you what the government can't do. Then at the end it says hey if we forgot something then that power should go to the people not the government.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts