Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ha ha i listend to that for 8 mos b4 i bought a GTO got goose bumps when i listened to it. The only thing better is having one of your own!!! God Bless I hope you can get one some time, but I must tell you now is the time with the great sales they are running. I bought mine 2 mos ago and then the deals were great. I can only imagine how great they are now!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! And may God bless you, as well! :cheers

Yeah, the local stealership has them for under $28K, but even if I were to snatch one up, I'd feel bad knowing that the '05 has the LS2. Having been a long-time Corvette enthusiast and follower, I know how the 2000 ZO6 guys hate the fact that their "super Vette" got upgraded the very next year, killing the resale of theirs.

So, long story short....I still can't afford one! :D But if I could, I'd wait for an '05. ;)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I don't think GTO resale value is a concern. It sucks. Unfortunate on such a great car, but unsold inventories (resulting from poor marketing) of new translates into poor resale value of used. It would be nice if the situation changes for the '05, but I doubt it.

:(

·
Registered
162 Posts
SDMF Jon said:
Thank you! And may God bless you, as well! :cheers

Yeah, the local Dealership has them for under $28K, but even if I were to snatch one up, I'd feel bad knowing that the '05 has the LS2. Having been a long-time Corvette enthusiast and follower, I know how the 2000 ZO6 guys hate the fact that their "super Vette" got upgraded the very next year, killing the resale of theirs.

So, long story short....I still can't afford one! :D But if I could, I'd wait for an '05. ;)
U got a point about the LS2 however if u were 2 finance this car u can upgrade it and make it faster than the LS2. When i heard 400 HP for the 05 my eyes lit up, but then i though every year its gonna be faster, so what am I gonna do. The LS2 is whats hot now but then who knows what the 06 is gonna do and then they are talkin THE JUDGE in a few yrs. My point being u can use that excuse every year. Keep in mine the 350HP LS1 is not slouch either. Really in essence how fast are you gonna go, 350HP suits me just fine. But my lease is gonna be up just in time for the possible release of the Judge!!! HAHAHAHA WOOO HOOOOO!

·
Registered
267 Posts
yea, the exta 50 hp is nice,put for the price i got the 04, i can bolt on a procharger and kill a 05 gto and almost anything else, and still be 2,000 less than a 05!! also the new LS2 has 10.9 to 1 cr, you wont be supercharging that thing.

·
Registered
267 Posts
thats what supercharging is...adding displacement, so i would agree.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts