Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It didn't get as cool as it looked like it was going to, so I wasn't sure if this was the night. Well it was as you can see from the title...........

The track hooked real well tonight and I took advantage of that. I went from high 1.9's and low 2.0's on the 60' to a solid 1.84 60'. The temperature was in the low 60's and the car just ran great. I put more 100 octane in it and was at just over an 1/8 of a tank. I had right at 3 gallons of about 96 octane instead of the 8-9 gallons of fuel on previous attempts. I took the floor mats out and had absolutly no junk in the car. I weighed in at 3388 which is 52 lbs lighter than it did before.

The DA was at 110' which is about as good as you get here in Florida. We usually have a DA of 700' to 1400'. Preety poor for a place at barely over sea level.

12.796 at 108.47. That's the fastest mph I've gotten and way faster than it ran before time wise.

I put a ton of heat into the tires with a good long burnout and they stuck like glue. As a matter of fact I'm not doing that again for fear of breaking the 10 bolt.

Thanks everyone for the encouragement.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Badass! What tires do you have?
Nitto 555R's. They make two different styles, one is for road racing and the other is for drag racing. I have the drag race version.

They need heat to stick. I was probably spinning them in the burnout box for 5 to 7 seconds.

·
Registered
377 Posts
OUTSTANDING! That had to feel good. What was your 1/8th mph and time?

Were the Mopar guys able to take advantage of the conditions? How about Cobras? ;)

Now are you going to go to Orlando to see what the difference will be?

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OUTSTANDING! That had to feel good. What was your 1/8th mph and time?

Were the Mopar guys able to take advantage of the conditions? How about Cobras? ;)

Now are you going to go to Orlando to see what the difference will be?
That was at Orlando. Yeah it did feel good. It's back to running it's 13.00x's again though. It was just a matter of weather.

There was one guy with a 5.7 hemi Magnum. I didn't watch it too closely. It looked stock and I think it was running 14.8-14.7 at 97-98 mph. I don't remember the exact numbers and speeds on it.

Haven't seen a stock Cobra in a long time.

1/8 was 8.08 at 87.18.

Wow I was so excited about the 1/4 I didn't realize I broke into the 7's in the 1/8.

I need to do gears next to improve the top of the 1/8. With the 2.73's it hits 3rd just past the 1000' mark and falls flat on the big end.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I need to do gears next to improve the top of the 1/8. With the 2.73's it hits 3rd just past the 1000' mark and falls flat on the big end.
Holy cow!! No wonder your times/speeds seem slow to me for your mods, despite the track. You're not running a 3:42. Sheesh!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts