Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dragstrip again tonight. I've added KYB Gas-A-Just shocks to the car and I got some 100 octane gas that brought me up to about 95 octane. I was hoping that the 93 octane tune I have might be a bit more aggressive and take advantage of the little bit extra octane.

First run was a 13.3 at 106.5. Second was a 13.1 at 107. 3rd run was a 13.003 at 107.

So I now have a 13.008, a 13.005, a 13.004 and a 13.003.

I've got two choices now, go to Gainesville and use the easy track method to get big numbers or mod the car a bit more. There really isn't any cheap mods left except a throttle body bypass and a 160 thermostat. They're good for maybe 5 hp, but I think that's about all I need.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Given a choice, always the faster track. Get some good numbers that represent what the car, and you, are capable of. Slow tracks just make for disappointment if you have an ET/mph goal.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get the 0.005 sec driver MOD. ;)
I think Wednesday is going to be the day for the .005 sec weather mod. High for the day is 71 and it's going to be in the 50's by race time. If I can just get the tires to hook this should be the day.

I also have the gas figured pretty close. I should have right at a 1/4 tank after adding 2 gallons of 100 octane.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Given a choice, always the faster track. Get some good numbers that represent what the car, and you, are capable of. Slow tracks just make for disappointment if you have an ET/mph goal.
The slow tracks are the majority. I'll go to a fast track and post this incredible number, but it won't be the real deal. Kinda like dyno's, I'd rather have a 320 RWHP car that beats a 350RWHP car any day of the week. I'd rather understate what my car is than write a check my butt can't cash.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The slow tracks are the majority. I'll go to a fast track and post this incredible number, but it won't be the real deal. Kinda like dyno's, I'd rather have a 320 RWHP car that beats a 350RWHP car any day of the week. I'd rather understate what my car is than write a check my butt can't cash.
Maybe, depends on the car. For mine, a slow track represents sitting at a traffic light, heat soak, etc. A fast track represents what my car will do from a roll. When comparing to another car, you're probably going to get a quote of what it can do optimally.

I guess its just a different viewpoint. I would want to know what the car is capable of.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts