Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the name for the color of paint used to paint the piece of metal behind the heater control and radio window. I have mine opened up and want to repaint it. Anyone know where I can get some?

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
It's probably what's called "60 degree black", or satin black. Get yourself a spray can of satin black and paint a piece of scrap material, compare to see if you like the results.

Bear

·
Registered
659 Posts
That looks like the same color that is on the gauge pod openings. Good luck, you will have a better chance finding Jimmy Hoffa. I don't know where all these GTO people find that color but they are tight lipped about it. I spent about 4 months trying to track that paint code down and then gave up and painted the pods flat black. I agree with you that the blue/green would look better on the heater controls. I hope you don't have as much trouble as I did. Maybe you could find a better control at a swap meet.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I have been looking for the paint forever. Decided I would wask here but same thing no one seems to know. Problem is that my gauge and radio paint is in great shape and I want my heater to match. will look akward being black, might have to paint the radio to match but thats a last resort

1 - 7 of 7 Posts