Pontiac GTO Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed my heater as the core was leaking, the inside was extremely rusted from years of leaking. One bracket was in it was so rusted I went ahead and ordered new ones. My question is I want to make sure I attach them correctly any help would be appreciated. I think the one I know where it goes its the one in the pic Im not positive about.Especially a diagram or pics

Attachments

· Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is from my '64. Looks like you just need to flip the bracket over. View attachment 159416
This is from my '64. Looks like you just need to flip the bracket over. View attachment 159416
Thanks it turns out the new bracket is to big, deep, I did keep whats left of the old bracket and its much shallower so I painted it and going to have to reuse it. I bought it from Ames it definately wont fit. In your pic its the one you have marked L, the other one is alot more flexible. You know it really wasnt that hard to remove, the heater box. That last bolt I was able to use my box end ratchet I got it out in like 15 minutes. Putting it back is a different story.So I drilled it out and going to install a 1/4" bolt & nut. Unfortunately I thought it was going to be much more difficult so I took all the bolts out of the 1/4 panel& wheel well, it was a bitch putting it back together, I didnt get the gaps very well either. It looks to me like it was a replacement part, the 1/4 panel. If you need that new bracket I have it brand new :-}

1 - 5 of 5 Posts