Pontiac GTO Forum banner

Hello from So-Cal 1970 GTO

1K views 9 replies 8 participants last post by  gtojoe68 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,
I have been a member for quite some time. I purchased my 1970 GTO back when I was 15 for $3250. The engine was blown and outside of the car (cracked head and a thrown rod), the transmission was seized, and there was more rust than the original tempest green/vinyl top. It is still an ongoing project but I took some progress pictures after I finally drove it around today. Just wanted to share the after pictures. I will look for the before pictures and post them soon.

See less See more
#8 ·
Great ride, and love the color. I had a '70 Judge in my early 20's I bought for $300 and it was one of my favorite GTO and body style looking back on the GTO's I owned. I would love to have another, even if I had to do a clone of that car, just something about that body style that just screams "muscle." I would be hard pressed not to add the Judge stripes/logo in green on that car.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle Car

#10 ·
I really do like the GM 1970 A bodies, that is a lot of nice work there. If I didn’t have such a fondness for the blend of first Gen and 2nd Gen only found in the 68’ GTO, I would definitely have a 70’. Are you going to put the decals/emblems on or leave it blank?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.