Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wanted to say hello as I am a new member. I have a few GTO's (all solid project cars) that I have acquired over the years (along with tons of parts). Now that the house is finished and the baby has come, I plan on pulling one out (probably the '65), going through the fuel system, ignition, and brakes and start driving it.

I started buying GTO's a a young age (proceeds from mowing lawns as a kid) and was able to get the following before prices skyrocketed. Remember the days if a running driving, rust free GTO for a thousand bucks?!? Now I just need to start restoring them!

A 65 4bbl 4-speed coupe (orig paint, I'm the secnod owner).
A 67 HO, 4-speed hardtop with 32 (I believe) factory options - also original paint and the second owner.
A 70 350HP 4-spd conv.
A 70 Judge (RAIII-auto).

My other cars include a 68 firebird convertible (Sprint-serious project) and a 96 Ram Air Trans Am (I am the original owner- 42k miles). My daily driver (in nice weather) is a '67 Corvette Roadster.

I wanted to join the forum as it has been years since I restored a car and the up-to-date info and experience is invaluable. I plan on asking alot of questions as well as well as helping others when the opportunity comes up.

Dan::seeya:

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Welcome aboard Dan - Sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge and we can always use more that...:cheers:cool:cheers

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try to get some photos up when I get a chance. Although two of them are original paint, they have lost all their shine. None of them are pretty like yours look. I dont think any of my GTO's have been in-doors when it mattered. My judge and the 70 conv are in-doors now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Wow dan you suck, just kiddin I'm new here too and i have to say and i'm sure everyone would agree ,that's one sweeet collection of auto history you have and at 45 I do remember those days one of my friends had a 66 nova2 327 another had a 65 mustang coupe 289 and yet another had my favorite 67 firebird 400 small block. Me well i had the best one of all a 1972 pinto ,alright don't laugh to hard that's all i could afford and yes it was fixed up

1 - 10 of 10 Posts