Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I hear crickets in here. No big car fans? I love em and thought this would be busier.

·
Former Moderator
2,895 Posts
Yeah, a shame. I love most all Pontiacs but the big ones from the 50's and 60's are awesome cars.

I have a good friend who has a 65 Catalina four door post car that is a 60's mild custom. It is a beautiful dark blue with a tri tone blue and white interior that also has a hard running 389. I know he's on the H.A.M.B site but I'll see if I can swing him over here long enough to post some pictures.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah, a shame. I love most all Pontiacs but the big ones from the 50's and 60's are awesome cars.

I have a good friend who has a 65 Catalina four door post car that is a 60's mild custom. It is a beautiful dark blue with a tri tone blue and white interior that also has a hard running 389. I know he's on the H.A.M.B site but I'll see if I can swing him over here long enough to post some pictures.
Before I restored my'66 GTO 20 some years ago I had bought a 1965 Grand Prix with a 4 speed to restore. I was living in a small ranch house and just getting the car in the garage was tight, much less having much room to work on it so I flipped it. Still considered that one that got away. I took the rear fender skirts off and it actually had really nice lines, and I love the 3 round gauges on the dash ('66 went squarish : (). Someday we'll meet again......

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I love the full size cars. I have mentioned before my brother's nightshade green, black vinyl, white interior, Rally II's, '68 Bonneville purchased from the original owner. 400CI/TH400/posi. Fast. I did some minor wheel well patches and repainted it as one of my project cars while I was in autobody school out of high school. I posted a picture in the photo section. That car was beautiful and I loved the tail lights and the "fastback" look. It had a better nose than the '67 and hidden headlights from a '68 GP would have been perfect. I still think of that car today, but it is long gone.

Would take a big car in a heartbeat, but like any Pontiac, harder to come by and an arm and a leg for anything that isn't a rust bucket. I occasionally look for '68 Bonnevilles just to see what is out there and the prices.

I am not an artist by any means, but I drew up this straight axle drag car when I was about 23. Chopped the top a bit, up in the air attitude with the wheels hanging out the rear wells, straight axle, front bumper delete.

The drawing above is my version of a custom '68 GTO sedan delivery. Can you tell I like customs? :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
686 Posts
I have had 3 olds 98's 1974, 1979, 1982. Also had a 1965 Catalina 4 door post car, I own now a 66 Impala SS I do like the big cars. There are a few good FaceCrack pages about B-body even just Pontiac B's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
need to rebuild my current 1974 455 tripower with super t 10 4 speed and 3.73 posi 10 bolt but mechanic is afraid it will need boring past .40 as i dont know the history of engine. Might need a whole new block and rather than go thru all that hassle i need an already built engine ready to go. I can go 14.96 @ 95 mph with current 455 but it smokes and leaks oil so new engine needs to get me into the 13s. Found one on craigslist that is a fresh rebuild never run 400 dated b123 (1973). Has 400 stamped on it and casting 481988. Builder kept original crank and rods and bored .030 over. #142 heads have 202 valves, roller rockers .568 lift cam, aluminum intake. Trans is rebuilt with a 2,000 stall. I want to keep my tripower and 4 speed. Will this engine work well in my car with my tripower and 4 speed? Cam is awful big but dont care if it runs great. Want to drive it to track and back. Any help? Or anyone have a nice strong engine ready to go i can buy? I live in southern wisconsin. Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts