Pontiac GTO Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fluid got low on my daughter's 04 GTO and now there is air in the line and no clutch pedal. Had the car towed home.

Used your information on this forum to try to find bleed line on the slave cylinder. Used the caliper nipple to determine the 10mm size. Added an extention and carefully went through the cutout on the side of the bell housing where the line enters. Most of the available space is in front of the line. For about 15 minutes I poked around blind expecting to capture the nipple facing the cutout. Not really enough room on top or behind where the line enters the bell housing. Seems real easy to drop a socket in there.

The day my daugther said the clutch went there was a small puddle under the car. May still have to drop everything and pull the transmission to replace the slave cylinder but was hoping for a little luck.

Seems that there is no Chilton or Hanynes manual for the car. Bummer.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. She doesn't have the money for the dealer to fix it.
Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, but the issue is more how to bleed the slave cylinder that is inside the bell housing more than the size of the bleeder fitting.

I will probably try to find out the actual model of the transmission and also post this on other sites possibly the camero/firebird or Holden sites if they use the same transmission.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts